radman

Real Geovision?

I dosnt look like this new one http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/product/GV-800.htm

or this old one http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/geovision-gv800.htm

Sorry guy I didnt realise you couldn't use a Ebay link any way the layout is totaly different to either board so I think it is a fake even though the seller says it's not I have asked for the Bar Code number no reply as yet forgot to add this guy is in the UK

There are several members here that sell Geovision. Perhaps some of them could provide you with quotes via PMs. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks Guys I will get all the cameras up and running then I will make a decision on what to upgrade too I have a member sending me a dongle so I can upgrade to 7.05 so I wil see how it goes

Guys, I'm also in a similar situation. I've got the chance to buy a Geovision GV-800. It has the two d-type connectors, but from a photo (which could be incorrect) it appears to match the type displayed in the "henry's" link posted earlier.

The card is boxed/sealed with drivers, 2 x BNC tail leads etc. If it is an older version, is that necessarily a bad thing? What functionality will it miss?

I've also seen a GV-900 for sale, but I don't think current Geovision sellers even sell this card anymore, is it a good card?

Sorry to repeat, but has anyone got any thoughts on the GV900? How does it compare to the current GV800 card? Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of it?

Sorry to repeat, but has anyone got any thoughts on the GV900? How does it compare to the current GV800 card? Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of it?

Geovision stopped selling GV-900 for at least 2 years ago. So either is it an old stock, used or a counterfeit, I havent heard of GV-900 CF so it could be an old one.

All Geovision cards from GV-250 thru GV-800 (also GV-900 and GV-1000) is the same quality the only difference between the cards is number of video channels and how many frames per second they can handle.

JD

Geovision stopped selling GV-900 for at least 2 years ago. So either is it an old stock, used or a counterfeit, I havent heard of GV-900 CF so it could be an old one.

All Geovision cards from GV-250 thru GV-800 (also GV-900 and GV-1000) is the same quality the only difference between the cards is number of video channels and how many frames per second they can handle.

JD

Thanks for the info. I didn't know Geovision cards were being cloned. I've already got experience of a cloned Kodicom card and whilst the speed of performance/stability is good, the video quality is very below par and unacceptable. Are Geovision being cloned a lot?

JD

Thanks for the info. I didn't know Geovision cards were being cloned. I've already got experience of a cloned Kodicom card and whilst the speed of performance/stability is good, the video quality is very below par and unacceptable. Are Geovision being cloned a lot?

Well there are many selling cloned/CF GV-cards and I feel Geovision is not doing enough to stop this, I am almost suspecting Geovision have taken over the clone business themself.

JD