moe

Wiring Home Run Location Question

Hi all,

I ran all of my siamese cable to one location in my basement. This is my "home-run" location (the termination point for the runs from each of the cameras). However, the main monitoring monitor will be on the first floor, so I also ran one coaxial cable from the basement home-run location to where the monitor will be on the first floor.

The problem is now that I'm looking into DVR's, the one I want operates as a multiplexer with camera selection buttons on the face of the DVR. My original plan was to place the DVR at my home-run location. However, now I realize that I will have to go down to the basement each time I want to change the cameras on screen. This is a problem because I want camera control on the first floor, but I don't want my home-run to be on the first floor.

One of the DVR's I am considering is the Panasonic WJ-HD316A. This DVR has an optional joystick / controller (WV-CU650). Would I be able to use this controller on the first floor to control the DVR in the basement? Is there a better way that you professionals handle this situation?

Thanks

yes you will be able to control the dvr entirely from the 650 controller on the first floor.

by the way the 650 controller is one kick ass controller.

yes you will be able to control the dvr entirely from the 650 controller on the first floor.

by the way the 650 controller is one kick ass controller.

What kind of cable should be run between the controller and the dvr?

Thanks