outrun

I really need some help on this

Ok, I bought a dvr card capable of 4 cameras. Well after installing it my image shows up but it is just an image. Every time I click on something it will refresh but not continue to refresh like it should.

I called the guy that I got it from as he is the dealer and he said that it does not work with NVIDIA cards. I was like well then I am bringing it back cause that is what I have and it is a good card. He said for me to bring in the computer and he would look at it. Well I was just going to take it back.

But today when I was cleaning I found my old digivue card capable of 4 cameras. I put it in installed the software and fired it up. No image shows up. I go into properties to change lets say the zones for the alarm. What do you know there is a freaking image there. It is exactly what the camera sees but same problem not refreshing. I hit clear zones or something and it refreshed.

So, the camera is working, the software is working but the image is not refreshing. Is this really a video card problem? Any other info you can give me would be great.

which NVidia card is it?

Make sure the correct drivers are installed, and also reset the settings in the NVidia control panel back to defaults. I found an NVidia card in the past which did not work with GeoVision, ended up using the onboard video. Typically a Direct Draw issue. Could be something else though, when building it for a client its easier to just change the video card then try to figure out why.

Just install the correct video card driver, and better yet test it by using only built-in video of the mother board.