r51lva

help please.

HI. I have decide to install a CCTV and i have brought a AVTECH 761.

The TV aerial and Sat aerial cables goes to my loft where i have a Sat receiver and a Digital receiver with a HDD, and all this is connected to a Spilt/BUSTER which connects to all the TVs in the house.

I am tring to connect the DVR to the buster, ( and i thought i could view the images in all the TVs in the house like watching TV, but NO)

I connected a BNC cable from the DVR to the BUSTER (Which is a normal male aerial end coaxial) and no image. I have changed the imp from 75 to high and doesnt work.

I have conect the dvr directly to a tv via the BNC and the phono audio/video on the front of the TV and works fine.

What do i need to see the image from the dvr via the aerial system already install??

Thanks for your help

This is going to become more work than you would really like.

First you will need to buy a device called a modulator. You can set the modulator to an empty TV channel. You will need a bnc to RCA adapter. Put the adapter on the video out of the DVR (monitor). Using TV cables that have the red, white, and yellow connectors you will hook this up to your DVR, and to your modulator. The modulator has a "cable" output. Hook up your coax to your modulator, and to your main input to your house cable system.

HERE IS WHERE IT GETS FUN!

It is not going to work! Why you ask? You will need to balance the two "systems". The output of the modulator has to be at the same "level" as the cable system.

One trick is to take a screw driver and "tune" the modulator with the adjustment screw. You tune it up, and down until the cable picture is not snowy, or the DVR picture is not snowy.

Another trick is to put an amplifier (not a cheap one!) that is adjustable on the head end of your cable system. Now you can balance the modulator, and the amplifier to get a better picture.

DO YOU HAVE DIGITAL CABLE BOXES, OR HIGH DEFINITION?

Oh boy! Now you have more problems!

To be honest you are better off taking the output of you DVR, and hooking it up to an video amplifier with multiple outputs like you see at the sports bars on their TVs, and running a dedicated cable to the TVs in your house where you want to see the picture.

Yes that means getting in to your attic, or your basement, and drilling some holes, and running some cable!

BETTER YET!

Put the DVR on to your internet, and just look at the video from any computer, or wireless laptop in your house!

What do you think??