mikem

AVC 760 problem - plz help

hello to everyone.

I have just bought my first dvr and I am very dissapointed. Firstly, I connected a hdd as a master one and a "no hdd" message appeared. Then I used the single mode and the dvr found the hdd.

However, when I rec on the hdd, after 1 or 2 minutes a disk sccanning message appears and the dvr reboots. This continues and after the rebooting.

the used hdd is Western Digital Caviar WD200BB.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

sounds like the disk is defective

the fact is that I used this hdd with an external case as a bachup device and it worked without any problem.

I install it in my dvr because I wanted to test the dvr.

You will not know where the problem is until you try another type of hard disk in the DVR.

I've seen the same scenario in my DVR.

You said that you used the HDD previously as a backup device. Did you fdisk and format it in Windows for that use? You might have to re-fdisk it to remove the formatting before it will work in the DVR.

You will not know where the problem is until you try another type of hard disk in the DVR.

I've seen the same scenario in my DVR.

Could you please describe me what you did in your case?

You said that you used the HDD previously as a backup device. Did you fdisk and format it in Windows for that use? You might have to re-fdisk it to remove the formatting before it will work in the DVR.

yes, indeed. the HDD was formated in FAT32.

In what format should I re-fdisk it?

the fact is that I formatted it in the dvr.

I doubt the fdisk/format matters, I've never deleted any existing partition table.

In my case I had installed an old 6GB laptop drive of dubious origin. It worked OK for months then started randomly rebooting the DVR every few days but seemed to record OK most of the time. Some playbacks had bad video and sound where none was actually recorded.

I replaced it with another type of disk and no more problems.

Perhaps the DVR's file system is less tolerant of unmarked disk errors than FAT or NTFS.

In fact, almost without doubt that is the case.