Sign in to follow this  
cherokee

BAD FOCUS

I HAVE NEW PTZ CAMERA (22 ZOOM) WITH CONTROL,IT WORK GOOD. BUT WHEN I PUT THE DOME BACK ON ,IT DON'T FOCUS RIGHT. I NEED HELP. THE DOME IS SMOKE TINT. IT BE CLEAN

I watched a Pelco demo once where the guy focused the camera holding the smoked dome in front of the lens. If I remember right, the reason for doing it that way was to prevent focus shift after reattaching the smoked dome. I’m fairly sure focusing the camera that way will solve your problem.

I have never seen that happen with a PTZ. Is there a plastic protective shipping film on the bubble? If so, remove it and try again. Otherwise, check your vendor or the manufacturer's tech support. Perhaps there is some other problem like a defective or distorted bubble.

cherokee, if the PTZ Dome is using a fixed camera then Metal Shaper Man's methods will work. If it is Integrated camera then I would think you might like to look for the technical support of the manufacturer.

Is there a menu setting for focus? (PTZ / Z / Auto)? Depending on the camera there may also be a manual "Back focus" adjustment (more common in older PTZs). It may also be a defect if its new, but generally PTZ cameras have no issues with the dome and focus. If the lens and dome are indeed "clean" it might even be a malformed dome. Look through it from all angles by eye. Hope this helps.