Thomas

Troubleshooting help

Hi Thomas,

What type of camera / lens are you using, and what is the lighting?

It just looks like a very high noise level

Have you bench tested the camera (in low light) before you installed it?

Don't know/Don't know

And no.

I didn't do the install, one of our resellers did. I'm trying to help him out. I'll get that info from him, is there anything else that would be helpful to know?

why it's such a cr*p picture?

Until we know what he's using, it's a bit pointless speculating on other issues (e.g. power supply, cabling etc.).

From what little I can see, it just seems like the gain is working flat out, with not enough light on the subject.

Dont think its the DVR, looks like very cheap camera with very poor signal to noise ration, when it gets dark the noise is really bad, seen this on cheap cams, must admit even some korean low light ones I have sold have done this, always the ones with low signal to noise ratio, have never seen it on any of the japanese cameras that we have sold, I am betting it is an AVtech or some Taiwanese cheap camera.

Thomas,

Have you got a picture in day-ligth, to enable a comparison with the normal quality?

It's not the DVR, the same problems existed on a previous set up. I'm going to talk to the installer today, try to get some more info on those cameras.