Sign in to follow this  
junglebeast

Avermedia DVR card

Hello all

I currently have 12 cams set up, i am using (3) 4channel modulators, channel vision E-4200 series, I can view all 12 cams on every tv in the house. I now would like to build a pc base dvr system, the avermedia NV6480 is my choice but, i noticed the card only have (1) TV/monitor out, how can i split this video out so i can continue to use my modulating set up with out grave db loss.

regards,

junglebeast

Aver Video output is a single composite that is controlled by the Aver software. You can multiplex it or have it rotate thru the cameras. This composite output can be connected to your E-4200 and viewed on your TV's. I use the quad multi pic and rotate that over 16 cameras..work fine.

The whole point of having the E-4200 is so you can modulate the CCTV onto a cable channel, right?

I usually run a second RG6 cable to the TV's and place the composite onto that cable. Client has to push the "input" button to view. Nice when you want to split screns or do PIP. And, the least amount of equipment in my installs ensures less problems.

Aver Video output is a single composite that is controlled by the Aver software. You can multiplex it or have it rotate thru the cameras. This composite output can be connected to your E-4200 and viewed on your TV's. I use the quad multi pic and rotate that over 16 cameras..work fine.

The whole point of having the E-4200 is so you can modulate the CCTV onto a cable channel, right?

I usually run a second RG6 cable to the TV's and place the composite onto that cable. Client has to push the "input" button to view. Nice when you want to split screns or do PIP. And, the least amount of equipment in my installs ensures less problems.

VST_Man

What do you mean by mulitiplex it, or rotate thru the cameras? My cameras are directly connected to the (3) E-4200, one E-4200 would be quite simple from the dvr card out to the modulator in but (3) i do not know about i have 2 RG6 cable running to each TV location already. one for the digital cable the other for modulation, What i am trying to accomplish now is to add the DVR in the mix, i have a video amp laying arround it has 1BNC input with 28 BNC output can i use that for my multiplex?

regards,

junglebeast

the avermedia video out (composite out) can connect directly to the modulator. avermedia software provides the "matrix" screen and/or a single camera view that rotates to all cameras you program it for.

You could simply conect the RG-6 directly to the avernedia video output and connect each TV to the video input, or use your modulators to do the same thing only instered into a channel..................

avermedia video output is just another composite signal very much the same as a single camera output. avermedia just combines multiple cameras into one composite signal that you can insert into anything that accepts a video composite signal..

video amp? yes you can use that but you'll have to have 1 RG-6 per TV at the DVR ...............or connect multiple output to your modulators? unless the RG-6 cable runs are over 100ft. or you are directly feeding multiple TV's, you won't need it.

the avermedia video out (composite out) can connect directly to the modulator. avermedia software provides the "matrix" screen and/or a single camera view that rotates to all cameras you program it for.

You could simply conect the RG-6 directly to the avernedia video output and connect each TV to the video input, or use your modulators to do the same thing only instered into a channel..................

avermedia video output is just another composite signal very much the same as a single camera output. avermedia just combines multiple cameras into one composite signal that you can insert into anything that accepts a video composite signal..

video amp? yes you can use that but you'll have to have 1 RG-6 per TV at the DVR ...............or connect multiple output to your modulators? unless the RG-6 cable runs are over 100ft. or you are directly feeding multiple TV's, you won't need it.

thanks, for the explanation, now it make more sense to me, BTW when i connect the RG6 to output ot the dvr, you mention to connect each tv to the video input, of what?