jojo911

WDR Camera

Cool, hey you ever installed the WDR Pano Dome? I dont see it in their manual online but looking to see how easy it is to flush mount in a drop tile ceiling ... wonderinf if you can just mount the base on the top side of the tile then screw in the flush one there ... only issue i might have are the florescent lights ... they got a ton of them ..

also how weather resist they are.. got a client that needs alot of vandal domes ... one for inside looking at a entrance, the other outside the entrance under a little eave ... and a box camera higher up to cover the car park would be the box version ... thanks

Rory

ps. yeah im finally asking a question ..

ps. yeah im finally asking a question ..

thats pretty funny

to answer your question yes i have installed a wdr pano dome. They dont have the sdIII in the dome but they do have the sdII. The difference is the sdII has 64x pixel based dynamic range. And the SdIII has the 128x.

The dome also does not have auto back focus. Which is pretty neat. But if you set it up with welders glass or a neutral density filter then you should have no problem. (but you know that).

The domes actually do mount flush up against a ceiling tile very well. The way you have to do it is a good idea. The back of the camera has a black section that goes into an electrical box. So if your mounting it from a drop ceiling you can suspend the electrical box from the ceiling/rafter/or whatever by way of conduit and it mounts flush up against the drop ceiling but suspended by the conduit/box. Ya and the base on the other side of the tile with the camera on the opposite would immediatly crush that ceiling tile. Those are some of the heaviest standerd vp cameras I have ever seen.

flushmountpanasonic.jpg

I have not had any weather related issues. I have a policy that we ALWAYS use the rubber backing and also silicone any entrances or knockouts. But have not had an issue with them and in the last 365 days have put in 392 of of the sdII vp domes. So cant complain. Now how weather proof is the box camera? I would say not very much. Just kidding you included the box camera in that question.

thanks .. ill get some photos off the video i took before i spec everything, working on that now .. basically there are so many florescent lights, the panos should be okay with it, but in the other areas ill probably have to use regular color box cams dropped down with a normal plastic mount, to get below the lighting, for the store area .. then use some wall mount vandal domes in the staff/public areas. Probably just use the GE Vandal Domes for that as they are easy to wall mount to look sideways ... (no wizkids!! ) and ive used them before with no real issues. They specifically asked for domes though but ... i thought about the Ganz VFA Indoor Domes but i just think the lights will effect them too much .. as the ceilings arent that high and so yopu have to point them up alot .. which will catch some of the florescents ...

The Pano Box cameras would be for the car parks bTW .. in housings (pelco housings probably). Going to quote one PTZ inside the store also, its pretty big .. they asked for a PTZ ... probably the GE legend, dont need WDR ... id like to use WDR all through but then they wont pay for all that to start with .. its basically one large store in a mall (our version of a wallmart)... then they say they'll do the rest of the mall next.

gotta love those pelco housings. The only thing about them though is the fact that you have to hold the top of the housing with some resistance because of the way it is spring loaded. So your sitting there trying to get the camera adjusted while keeping the front of the housing out of the camera view. its tricky.

oh ya while also holding a welders glass in front of it.

i had my local rep come over and demo the vcc-wd8574 a year ago and it was really impressive in low light and normal conditions. the price seemed better than comparable cams in its respective price point.

Yeah they tend to be "very" slow these days ...

PS. remember to stay clear of the WizKids ..

Whats the story on the Wizkid brand? It sounds like you've had some issues.