Arockerdude

Is This Lens Good For Wide View ?

Is this a good lens for Wide View? The furthest point I will need to see is about 25 or 35 feet. The camera is on my house pointing toward the street. I would like to get a wider view of the sidewalk. It is about 20 feet from the camera. I would also like to see a wider view of the front yard.

From what I can understand. The 2.8 is the width. And the 12mm is the distance??? Thanks for the help. Dave

Link for the Lens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350012573744

2.8mm is wide angle, basically it is a varifocal lens meaning you can manually zoom the lens from 2.8mm to 12mm when you install the lens. 12mm is a closer zoom (narrower view).

Thanks Rory. Is 2.8 about as wide as they go? Do you have any sugestions for a wide angle lens? I was thinking maybe a fish eye type lens might work good also. Thanks Dave

One other question is. Why is that lens at the link above shaped so oddley? Most of the 2.8 lens look more like the lens I have now. But this lens is wide and longer. Is it shaped like that so it can get the close view?(narrow) The reason I ask is I dont need a close view (narrow) I need the wide view. And the smaller the lens the better. Thanks Dave

Dont know, but it appears the seller doesnt know too much about Exview.

As mentioned there are wider lenses.

Personally I would never buy a camera/lens off Ebay though.