bucklock

Geovision vs Video Insight

I was set on buying a Geovision GV900-16, but cannot find a reliable place to buy the board. I called Geovision and they told me they had a dealer in Texas, so I looked at their website. They did not have any GV900's on their website. Also, I have found many places that sell them over the Internet and it is amazing how much the price varies. So now I am looking at the Video Insight V240.

Thomas, do you think you could send me some pricing on your cards? I would greatly appreciate it. The place that wants the system installed wanted it done last week. So the sooner I can get something the better.

Thanks.

Dan

Thanks Thomas.

It is just a little more expensive than the GV900 I was looking at. But like I said, the prices on the Geovision cards vary greatly. I have got to figure out what to do because the customer is wanting it done as soon as possible. It sounds like I would get better support with the Video Insight. I just had not looked into it until today. Does it pretty much do the same stuff as the Geovision board or do you know?

Thanks again.

Dan

Thomas, I have a question on the Audio with the Video Insight board. The manual said to use a sound card for the audio. Do you guys have a sound card that has more than 1 input for microphone?

Dan

We generally compare pretty well. They have a few more minor features, we have a better interface and support. Our audio is limited to the number of sound cards presant, we're working to improve that.

Do you have an add on card for audio so you do not have to have 4 soundcards if you wanted sound to 4 cameras? I will ask them how important sound is tomorrow. If you make an improvement to the sound, would that require buying a whole new capture card?

Thanks,

Dan

Come on Thomas, its not close to Geo in features, not that everyone wants them all, Geo is way ahead and everyone knows that, mind you I appluad the fact that you took the initiative of becoming a partenr in you know who's development program, but it still is basically the same, hence the limitations of hardware... Mate I hate Geo with a passion at times for what they do to dealers but they do have the best PC product out there.

Mind you I dont think anyone in the whole industry could offer support that you do, and that my friend is priceless and worth paying for, as said a million times, anytime you want to come out here and surf and check out the babes and get paid well, you know where I am