radman

GV-1240 Video Output Socket

Back for more advice! on the card there is the video OP socket but pluging in a monitor there is no video, I have stuck a scope on it to make sure and there is none! Am I not doing something or am I loosing the plot

Hi - I am assuming you are referring to the combo card RCA type video output. This is a great tool to combine multiple camera feeds to a video monitor. The configuration is available from the main screen. Here is the info from the GeoVision Q&A. I am not sure if disabling DSP overlay in the main system impacts the live view or recording quality. Anyone else know?

Quote:

Q: DSP option not showing up on Main System

A: If you install a GV-Combo card (GV-1120/1240/1480), and there is no DSP overlay option in the configure menu, please check the followings:

1. Please make sure you updated DirectX 9.0 in the system.

2. Please make sure the VGA card supports directdraw.

3. Please check whether you enabled "Spot Monitor" function, enabling this function will disable DSP overlay in the main system.

If you use the configuration option it disables direct draw overlay and subsequently lowers live video quality.

You should still get video from the DSP output without using that option, just will not be able to configure views.

If there is still no video, make sure that option is first disabled (for now), make sure Geo is open, Geo card and software is legit and up to date.

If you use the configuration option it disables direct draw overlay and subsequently lowers live video quality.

You should still get video from the DSP output without using that option, just will not be able to configure views.

If there is still no video, make sure that option is first disabled (for now), make sure Geo is open, Geo card and software is legit and up to date.

I am getting a bit confused the only reference to DSP I can find is when the Geo software is loading in the square box it says "Detecting DSP" then it disappears! where is Spot Monitor? as far a software goes rory I am running 8.12 and the card is legit and I have the latest DirectX 9 installed! "lost" Thanks, John.

Did you upgrade to 8.12 from a previous version of software?

I have seen it in the past when upgrading from earlier options causes problems with DSP output of Combo cards.

Please uninstall any GeoVision installtion you have and do a fresh install (including Drivers) from the 8.12 GeoVision DVD

Ok I uninstalled the software removed all I could find with RegCleaner reloaded the software it wasn't a clean install as the previous settings were reloaded password,cameras etc has this to be a total wipe of the Harddrive or is there information stored I can remove? Thanks, John.

When we saw the similar problem, all we did was uninstall the software, delete the installation folder,reinstall the drivers and proceed with a "fresh" install. This procedure resolved the errors we were encountering.

I tried again removing the software and folder plus the driver, re-installed the software and once again it came back with the old configurations. So I removed all again and went a bit deaper and there is a lot of files left in the windows folder I deleated them and reloaded the software and all is now well including DSP! Thanks to all for their help John.

glad its ok now. Sorry I would have menbtioned that yesterday but had no keyboard at the time .. yes its basically delete geo*.ini in the windows folder and that would clean up most of the main Geovision INI setting files.