hio

Anyone experience with the MagicRadar SR04 ???

Like subject, I am thinking to buy this type of DVR, but I can't find any users from this DVR..

It would be nice if I can find more info. and answers about software, firmware-upgrade, and quality...

Regards;

Robert

That is one of the company names same card and sofrware interface as EYEMAX, ISIS and several others. What version is the card and what version is the software. The card you are looking at is a 4 channel 30 frame per second total card that is stackable to 4 max to make a 16 channel 120 fps dvr total. Where are you getting the card and will the seller give you any tech support.

Sorry I knew they were building their own but I have not seen or used their standalone. Their PC models are good. Sorry I had a long day and missed that it was the standalone.

just bought the DVR. Excellent quality, when you see the picture, you don't want AVC760/761 anymore !!

It's a real MPEG4 with very good D1 recording, and the playback quality and remote view software is much better.

The VCR runs on embedded Linux, I now have a beautiful user menu on my 32 inch LCD in our living-room, while the DVR is in another room. I use an IR extender from Marmitek.

It has 3 USB connectors, you can connect mouse, extern HDD storage, and keyboard.

Thanks for replay's

Your first post was on a Saturday, and you got this DVR already on Tuesday? And you had never seen it before?Man, that was fast.!! So I guess you are able to upload some videos to Youtube for the rest of us ? Let me know this time next year, what you think about this DVR, OK? I might just stick with my Avermedias for now, though, and wait until I see this DVR at ISC West. Going to look for "Magicradar??" when I am there. I will be the tall guy, wearing Cowboy Boots, with a Budweiser in my hand, at the Avermedia Booth.

I think I'll stick with my Avermedias. I need to upload some video from my 4 year old JPEG2000 DVR also. Viewing software sucks, but the video is still great. Uses a lot of hard disk space, though. I installed quite a few of the JPEG2000 DVR's before I started using the Avermedias, but they are all still going strong. Not one complaint from anyone on the video. Built-in CD writer on them. I really can't knock them for smaller applications ( 4 to 8 cameras).