heloder

Why I wouldn’t sell Geovision

I thought the thread title might get your attention. I am somewhat confused as to the popularity of Geovision. I saw them several years ago when they were using characters from The Simpsons TV Show in their GUI.

OK, so why is it that people buy Geovision? Is it because everyone talks about them in this forum? I can’t say the image quality is good. The GUI looks like a high school student put it together. Any you can buy from 100,000 web sites on the net… So you have no protection. So what’s the deal?

I agree with a lot of your points, the GUI is boring indeed to say the least, Geo believes it is how their market can recognise it, you can customise it of course, must work though they are the biggest sellers.

Look I know you guys sell Kodicom, BTW does it run on XP pro yet? Geo was lame many years ago, but many years ago was exactly that ... Many years ago, they have done more sofware development than any other product has and it is by far the best product on the market in PC based systems. I think that is obvious due to the popularity of it in here and in

the whole world.

As far as no protection, I totally agree with you but Terry didnt have a whole lot of protection at the start now did he!! Tell me why your product is better and maybe you will have a right to make those claims about quality of DVR's.

Geo is smart, many people recognise it.. hay you just did!! they are also smart to sell to anyone, it increased sales world wide with massive exposure, doesn't mean I dont hate them for it!

Oh yeh and the reason it is sold everywhere is because its darn popular!

Yes. The Kodicom now runs on XP. We have just started testing with embedded XP.

I think my first impression of Geo was a bad one. “I don’t get it.â€

I agree with DVR_Expert_Australia of course. But heloder if you get a chance you should really take a second look at the GV system. Everyone of course has there system of choice and GV is ours.

Your correct about many people selling GV on the web. But what is all comes down to is the GV distributors that allow there dealers to sell at those prices. There is no way a GV distributor can publish nothing other then the pricing GV gives them. So if someone decides they would like to make 20 dollars of a deal that is there problem. And the problem with people selling at those prices chances are they will not be in business for to long. Also chances are if you need support from those people, I'm sure it will be pretty poor.

why i 'Dont' sell it. It is not a big seller in this part of the world, no security distributors sell it in South Florida. It looks like you have to buy it from a computer dealer...

there are other reasons but one is im not a computer dealer, and that requires buying computers to put the GV cards in. Any computer store around here can do that and sell web cams or eclipse products, so as security business I will sell the higher end systems,otherwise im just another computer store..

hello dere is right, there is no protection, the stuff that was coming out of China is not always legit, thats why they have put the new chip on it, Be carefull, those that believe that Geo standardises there prices aRE KIDDING THEM SELVES, I HAVE COME ACCROSS MANY DEALS DONE BY GEO TO SMALL PEOPLE AT CLOSE TO MY PRICE they do not standardise their prices, they might do in the US but not here, for example I bet i could sell them to you cheaper than you could buy them if I wanted to, I know they say they will standardise the prices, but don't believe anything they tell you at all.

Tell you what PM me the prices you get for Geo and how much you would pay to buy from me and I bet i can beat your price, only one thing Geo cares about and that is quantity.

They would sell tot heir own Grandparents if they had the chance, Geo uses people to gain a name for them in the market...seems to have worked, hay they even gave us advertising rebates then once market is exposed they contact everyone and shaft the distributor, has happened right accross the world.

It is the best product, may years ago Geo was awfull, the worst around but boy oh boy has it changed.

I would love to find a better product and would then drop them ina n instant, but the longer it takes the more the dealers get trained and the more they get used to it, a bit like programming of alarm panels etc.

I looked at SAYS new site but still says windows 2k, I like embedded XP , have been using it for some time now.

There is a lot of merit in what Rory says, if you do not have the resources to build great machnes, you are better to import standalones (PS the Nadatel Rocks). Luckily we were in the top 6 companies in growth in Australia this year and we have a huge computing resource so we can afford to do this..

I can supply anyone in this forum with a better price on Geo because not many if any are doing the same volume, but I discourage international sales and have only done so to people in this forum, I figure if they take the time to input in here, it is well worth me rewarding them with prices ..only if they are in the trade.

The fact that more people are selling Geo just goes to show that they could not compete with a different product, how can you compete with an inferior product at a more expensive price... Dont get me started on Geo's ethics but there is definately nothing wrong with their product..except that bloody sickly green GUI.

I think we will be keeping our eyes on Nadatel over the next few months/year...

Question: do Nadatel supply a SDK or ActiveX Control?

Also, if you send me a GEO card (any cheap old one will do) Ill write some better looking interfaces for it

BTW, didnt have to load anything to view Nadatel, i think it just uses Java or something, was very simple indeed, so don't think active X is needed, it has some faults indeed but only small ones and I am suggesting some changes to them, but soon as I clear out my AVC's from AVTECH (PS if anyone wants 40 or so, all I have left, I am prepared to let them go at cost) so I can start to sell the NADA!

Might hold you to that, i have already done some, but as official distributor we can not do that, they are cheap as chips Rory, you really should buy one!

Ill need a new PC though this one suks!

Its a 2.2 celleron and I think the CPU mobo is crap also, got it cheap, 128Mb memory doesnt help it at all with all the big new software I run (adobe, etc..).

Maybe I can do 2 buys, 2x4 channel Geos, get someone local to buy me a newer PC or more memory and a seperate Video card for time served (work done), then I can run a DVR on here... give me a price on 2x 4 channel cards, UPS to Nassau, Bahamas. Does not have to be fast, whatever one you have. PM / email me with it ..

thanks, I really do need to start recording my cameras anyway ..plus like i said I can then work on a new GUI, ofcourse Ill have to do this one in XP.

Rory

I think the question is does anyone else write custom apps for GEO already?

Also, the reason I wrote my own GUI for Kalatel DVRs was not to be more impressive or load it with extra features( though this could be done with more time such as multiple audio or live audio, etc), but it was to have an easier to use SIMPLE app, it did turn out to be 3mb compared to their regular 50MB wavereader, of course less features, but, on the road you can download and install it in seconds, to view your DVR .. and it has playback/ search by Time Date also.