mikesus

Compact Housing and lens suggestion

I am looking to add a Pano WV-CP484 and a Sanyo VCC4594 but the wife is not happy about the housing sizes. Does anyone make a compact outdoor housing? One of the cameras will be under a porch so it won't need much in the way of protection, but the other will be exposed to weather. Ideas?

And what recommendations do you folks have for a lens on the Sanyo? Our kids play in the Cul de Sac behind our house, and the wife uses this to keep an eye on em when she is inside. The eave to the center of the Cul De Sac is about 150' away. Currently I have a cheapie Pinhole camera that is almost right (the whole Cul De Sac is in the frame) but the image quality is equal to what I paid, hence the Sanyo replacement.

To borrow from another member,"How about building a bird house to conceal and protect it" Good idea Scorpion.

To borrow from another member,"How about building a bird house to conceal and protect it" Good idea Scorpion.

Well, the birdhouse idea isnt bad but on the porch that might look odd... Not to mention, I did have a bird that pecked the tar outta one of my bullet cams once (it had a built in mic and the dumb thing ruined the mic on it!)

I found some "shorty" enclosures, but I dunno how that will play with heat, doesn't look like those have blowers on em.

Could always put plexiglass in front of the camera lens, depending on what decorations you have on the porch, you could build something along the same decor.

I use those sanyo`s there great but too big so I make custom AG pipe enclosures for them and spray them black, I also have another 90% hidden inside a brick wall with just a plastic cover under a light fitting so it blends in.

Also decorative lattice is good to hide a cam if its not too exposed.

my 2c

z

there's a line of pelco cameras that seem to have good specs for their wdr, day/night CCC1390H-6... they seem to be half the size of most boxes and fit in smaller enclosures.

edt*** they (pelco) makes a 2805 (2508? i don't recall) enclosure that's only 8" long and fits the above camera with most of the shorter pelco lenses... (not any of the high zoom stuff)

Edited by Guest

Tough to hide those larger housing sizes. I end up with quite a lot of the Pelco 3512 housings, as many people will contact me and want them taken down after a few years. I have built my own housings for the larger box-type cameras, but the housings were meant for friends "out in the country" where local kids had shot them with their.22's. I had to make them " .22 bullet - proof". Wouldn't look too good in a residential environment, though. You are right about the heat inside the enclosure. In the summer, it is a "must" in most areas, to get rid of the heat inside a housing with a fan of some sort.

Just checked on that Ganz housing and you can get just the housing with heater/blower.

I did manage to find that late last night. The pricing is about double of a 3512. We might need to just paint em or put em somewhere else vs the extra expense. Was there a problem other than asthetics for the 3512's?

Well I went and tried to order 3512's. Website said Pelco, had the Pelco description, I get the invoice and it says,

"Pelco Like"

Call the guy up and he says,

"We did that for searches"

Riiiiight.

Ironically, the guy that tried to sell the Fake Pelco enclosures is pm'ing me here. And he still has auctions that are touting that he is selling Pelco.

Caveat Emptor!

Anyway, I found someone that was selling IP66 rated Samsung housings, and they seem legit. (I know these are full size, but the wife will have to suck it up I don't wanna cook the cameras!) I think I found a way to minimize the appearance, but I need to find a ceiling type mount, i.e. J mount that is about 14in or better yet adjustable.

Ideas?

Fake Pelco Enclosures! LOL .. what will they think of to pirate next

Thats just wrong man .. they need to at least say hey its a Pelco Look alike, but they cant say it IS Pelco. .. sounds like what goes on down here alot, they selling pirate everything these days .. thank fully us in the know realize what is and what isnt .. if its not pirated though, its a refurb and those are harder to tell the diff, other than the price. When they are selling an HP Printer, Scanner, Fax all in one for cheaper than a new one in the US, then there is shipping and Customs on that, its obviously refurbed then .. or stolen ofcourse .. but people down here dont seem to care and the sellers arent even telling them it is not new!