glocklt4

Camera suggestions for front and back of home?

I would like to get 3 cameras. Two for the front that will be on both ends of the house angled towards driveway, and one in the back watching both the side gate and backdoor. I have no idea what I'm looking for really except I've read to go with at least 1/3" CCD. I'd like to spend around $75 on each if possible. It doesn't really matter to me how they look. Being noticable would help be a deterent in the first place.

for that price range you should be looking at either b/w bullets or maybe something like the ECL596 (they will be above your $75 per camera tho)

That big of an area is not going to do well with the little IR illuminators that you find on the cheapie bullets.

It also depends on what you plan to do with the video. Is it eyes outside but not recorded? Or are you planning on trying to use it as evidence for someone committing a crime against you? Even a good camera could have issues under the last circumstance if the bad guy isn't big enough in the frame to identify. Now if its someone you know and can easily recognize, that plays in also.

Also, with fixed vs varifocal (you can in essence zoom in and frame whatever you are trying to capture) camera placement can be a lot more critical.

If your going to put cameras there to say i have cameras then by any cameras with IRs but if you are installing a descent system then you need to at least triple your price range for something descent. Nuvico makes some nice outdoor bullets.

So would something like this be a good choice?

Nuvico Hw3895ir36n Color Security Surveillance Camera

Ebay auction 280197009662 . $110 currently.

It has both the Sony 1/3CCD that one of you mentioned and it's a Nuvico.

According to spec sheet is a decent camera, if it works, they have replaced that one with a newer model.

i have used this one Nuvico CB-SD3895N-L bullet and owner loved it.

That one is a bit pricey for me. $220 on ebay. I think the one i mentioned above for half that would be ideal.

i have used this one Nuvico CB-SD3895N-L bullet and owner loved it.

That one is a bit pricey for me. $220 on ebay. I think the one i mentioned above for half that would be ideal.

Going by the specs they are about the same, except the total pixels differ from 768x to 811x (480TVL SHOULD be 811x anyway but its not in this case).

the KT&C True Day Night bullets (similar specs) is slightly cheaper, not by much but maybe take a look out for one of them.

KPC-N600NHAC10 (24VAC)

KPC-N600NHDC10 (12VDC)

actually its around $400 retail.

But you were talking about ebay which is why I did not mention that.

The Nuvico's are also pricey, around $400+ retail.

Just a few dollars difference really, but every dollar counts

None of them are that small, not the True Day Nights anyway (true day night has an IR Cut Filter).