wrs425

[b]Avemedia NV5000-Blue Screen Cam issues[/b]

Having recently purchased may Aver NV5000 i finally got all my Cams set up and everything is hunky dory!!!! Until when taking my NV DVR software out of Minimise all my cams are Blue, kinda like the screen needs refreshing.

It driving me crackers and iv'e tried all sorts.

I'm runnig windows Vista Home Premium with Vista Drivers ( Screen Res 1280x1024) and yes i have tried lowering this no joy.

If any kind sole out there has a fix for this i would be indebted.

Many Thanks

I have installed many NV5000 DVR cards, but I have never seen that. I know that AVerMedia recommends Vista Professional which may or maynot be the problem. Also, make sure you check for the following:

1. 128MB video card either Nvidia or ATI work real well with most upto date drivers, and NO on-board video (this is true for most DVR cards)

2. Intel 915 chipset or higher motherboard

3. make sure that you have 7.1.0.0057j release. which can be downloaded from iLink Professionals' websit at: http://www.ilinkpro.com/support/downloads.asp?nav=support&pg=downloads . AVerMedia USA still has the older version, which is 7.1.0.0057g posted (Please let me know if this fixes your problem, for future support) Press F1 on the main screen to find out which software version you are running.

Edited by Guest

Sounds like you are also using a program that uses overlay or VMR9, some applications don't release this properly. What are you doing while Aver is minimized?

Either just using other applications, or i just leave the PC running and the WINDOWS screen saver comes after a period of time and thats where the problems start. As soon as i return to the machine and click on NV DVR in the task bar. All my 4 cams screen are "Blue"

It has to be some kind of overlay issue with the Graphics card. But like i said to the other guy trying to help i have all the latest drivers for both Graphics card and Avermedia ver J.

Sounds like you are also using a program that uses overlay or VMR9, some applications don't release this properly. What are you doing while Aver is minimized?

Either just using other applications, or i just leave the PC running and the WINDOWS screen saver comes after a period of time and thats where the problems start. As soon as i return to the machine and click on NV DVR in the task bar. All my 4 cams screen are "Blue"

It has to be some kind of overlay issue with the Graphics card. But like i said to the other guy trying to help i have all the latest drivers for both Graphics card and Avermedia ver J.

Dear customer,

Please disable the screen saver of the PC and see if this can help you solve this issue.

why is it that the j version is NOT on Avermedia's WEB site? How hard is it to change the link?

in my opinion, you advertising it and Avermedia not being in-step with you is a slap in Avermedia's face. If I were the boss at Avermedia, I'd be pissed.........

I must apologise the screen saver IS disabled, and all the power settings are disabled so the system does not shut down to stanby. Still i have this blue screen. Its almost like the cams don't refresh.

Dear customer,

Please disable the screen saver of the PC and see if this can help you solve this issue.

Whats all that about!!! I'm assuming your on my side here!!!! If this doesn't get resolved then the NV5000 is like a "chocolate fire guard" to me. Should have bought a stand alone DVR.

why is it that the j version is NOT on Avermedia's WEB site? How hard is it to change the link?

in my opinion, you advertising it and Avermedia not being in-step with you is a slap in Avermedia's face. If I were the boss at Avermedia, I'd be pissed.........

With other DVR cards, same thing, if you are using an application that effects the screen display or resolution, anything that changes it, then you go back to the DVR, the cameras will be blank (blue, pink, etc) - you will need to restart the DVR application.

Basically, make any changes to the Screen Resolution before the DVR application is opened. Screen savers will also cause problems. Use a blank screen if anything. Make sure the power scheme is set to Always on.

I assume this could be the same with Avermedia and may be your issue?

Also, I have never used Vista for a DVR so there may be other issues related to the OS - very memory hungry OS and uses alot of graphics memory (eg. 8MB in idle on XP and 150mb in idle on Vista, based on using shared memory with onboard video Intel).

Simply minimize and maximize should not cause a problem, unless there are driver/direct draw overlay issues.

So what your saying is it could be a number of things. What gets me is even if i restart NV DVR again i still get blue CAMS. On some occassions i can see pictures through the CAM, however its frozen kind of like a "Snap Shot" of a scene however it won't refesh.

I have to totally restart windows for them to work upon starting NV DVR again.

I do however agree that the minimise function should work, i should be able to minmise NV DVR and be able to get on with work. Then i should be able to switch to NV DVR and continue using the programs features. At present its a useless system and i don't see Avermedia giving me any solutions. Please see Hijack file.

So what your saying is it could be a number of things. What gets me is even if i restart NV DVR again i still get blue CAMS. On some occassions i can see pictures through the CAM, however its frozen kind of like a "Snap Shot" of a scene however it won't refesh.

I do however agree that the minimise function should work, i should be able to minmise NV DVR and be able to get on with work. Then i should be able to switch to NV DVR and continue using the programs features. At present its a useless system and i don't see Avermedia giving me any solutions. Please see Hijack file.

Dear Customer,

Can I know where did you purchased this NV5000 card from and have you consulted them of this issue?

Normally we will suggest customer contact local distributor to gain the fastest and efficient support.

I purchased from a retailer called RF Concepts in Ireland. What are you suggesting the card is faulty. Because quite honestly i am sick of these issues not getting resolved. Surely someone at your company must have an idea of the fault.

Dear Customer,

Can I know where did you purchased this NV5000 card from and have you consulted them of this issue?

Normally we will suggest customer contact local distributor to gain the fastest and efficient support.

Where is the hijack file? If you cant post the link because of being new, post it for now without the HTTP and dots.

Where is the hijack file? If you cant post the link because of being new, post it for now without the HTTP and dots.