tech126

setting up avc760

I tried the search option but I found nothing at all so I figured that I ask.

I'm just starting to setup my avc760..

By what I've read, I should use something else that port 80. When I have 80 as my default, I can log in through my web browsers.

When I entered 7070 (anything but port 80 right??) in the web port under the system config tab I can no longer log in using my browsers but can still access it through web server E.

BTW I', using web server E if that makes any difference. I hate to use port 80. It ALWAYS show 5 people logged on when I know that I'm the only one. If I use a different port number, then I'll go back to 1 user which is me.

Any suggestions??

I also can't figure out on how to remote access it also. I've followed the steps in port forwarding but I'm not able to still access it.

Thanks in advance

I tried the search option but I found nothing at all so I figured that I ask.

I'm just starting to setup my avc760..

By what I've read, I should use something else that port 80. When I have 80 as my default, I can log in through my web browsers.

When I entered 7070 (anything but port 80 right??) in the web port under the system config tab I can no longer log in using my browsers but can still access it through web server E.

BTW I', using web server E if that makes any difference. I hate to use port 80. It ALWAYS show 5 people logged on when I know that I'm the only one. If I use a different port number, then I'll go back to 1 user which is me.

Any suggestions??

I also can't figure out on how to remote access it also. I've followed the steps in port forwarding but I'm not able to still access it.

Thanks in advance

When you use the web browser to access it, did you try http://111.222.333.444:7070?

^^^Thanks!!!!

Now it works but how do I set it up for remote veiwing from work..I've already port forwarded port xxxx per portforwarding dot com. It's behind a router..

Question, do I need to install web viewer e on the work computer or do I just enter the dvr ip address in the web browser as shown above??

Thanks in advance..

^^^Thanks!!!!

Now it works but how do I set it up for remote veiwing from work..I've already port forwarded port xxxx per portforwarding dot com. It's behind a router..

Question, do I need to install web viewer e on the work computer or do I just enter the dvr ip address in the web browser as shown above??

Thanks in advance..

1) If you want to ue the viewer software then you will have to install it at work.

2) The website should work using the same example as above if you have the port forwarding set up correctly...

3) Depending on where you work, they may block that port. Some companies are completely open, some will block all but known valid port#s like 80, 8080, 25, 110 etc, and some will actively scan the port 80 traffic to ensure it's legitimate HTTP traffic.

I would test it from a friend's house before testing it from work. Every company I've worked at in the last 7 years actively blocks streaming video and non-http.

If 7070 works from a friend's house (ISP's generally don't block ports) but not from work then try setting everything to 8080 which is recognized as a valid alternate HTTP port. If 8080 works from your friend's house but not from work then I would suggest that maybe the port is being blocked or limited to HTTP traffic only.

So that means that I need to install video server E to any computer that I would want to remote access my system from??

Is there any other way I could view it without installing server E??

Thanks Scruit for the help!!!

So that means that I need to install video server E to any computer that I would want to remote access my system from??

Is there any other way I could view it without installing server E??

Thanks Scruit for the help!!!

Should work using the built-in web browser, as long as the client-side internet service (ie your company) doesn't block it. My company does.

Thanks again for the reply..

I now have a new basic problem. When I tried to connect a crt computer monitor to the vga out with a f/f/ adaptor, the DVR would shut down/power off until I disconnected it..It would then sound the beep and power back up..Am I doing something wrong or do I have a bad adaptor??

You can't use this VGA "look a like" connector. It's a special output connector, the guys from AVTECH use it.

You can't use this VGA "look a like" connector. It's a special output connector, the guys from AVTECH use it.

Thanks for the info.. Are they called AVTECH VGA01 VGA adapter ?? Do you know where I can get them from a reputable source?? I just figured that since it was a VGA port, I could just use a F/F adapter then it'll work fine. It did not mention about a special adapter being needed to use a VGA monitor..

Thanks again for your help..

Thanks for the info.. Are they called AVTECH VGA01 VGA adapter ?? Do you know where I can get them from a reputable source?? I just figured that since it was a VGA port, I could just use a F/F adapter then it'll work fine. It did not mention about a special adapter being needed to use a VGA monitor..

Thanks again for your help..

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it is what I got to use a vga crt;

[edit by mod-store link removed-please post manufacturer link or pm the user, thanks]

(Keep in mind I ordered it for a dvr1615n, I don't know if it will work with your dvr).

I hope this helps.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it is what I got to use a vga crt;

[edit by mod-store link removed-please post manufacturer link or pm the user, thanks]

(Keep in mind I ordered it for a dvr1615n, I don't know if it will work with your dvr).

I hope this helps.

could you please PM me the link per mods request..Thanks!!

I hope this helps.

could you please PM me the link per mods request..Thanks!!

tech126, I sent you a pm with the link. Let me know if you get it.