shivcam

Geo GV-600V2 card detected as GV-250

hi friends i have geovision card GV-600v2 and it was working fine until my brother scrowit up then i have install new windows xp pro and load software V6.0 and it got back to normal working good but only problem i was facing is when i restart PC some times i have to reinstall driver then it will work fine until next restart i have GV-600V2 card with 4 bnc input and expansion card for 4 more that little cable connect on card for expansion i install more camera an connect into 5 cam , 6 cam then i can not see 5 th and 6th camera on screen but when i go to system config i can see that camera i thought some thing wrong with expansion card i open computer take card out and put it back the way it was then i turn computer on and Guss what driver reinstall when i went put gv CD on computer detect that card as GV-250 i try every thing uninstall software reboot PC uninstall hardware even i change pci slot from one to other i need help warry bad can some pone help me

hi, sounds like a clone card, Geo does support stacking cards in the GV250-1480 models. version 6.0 is very old now also, when and where did you purchase it?

Thanks

Rory

Hi, are you sure it is a Geo card?

I dont see any Geo cards on their site at this moment, just Linux and Avermedia.

Far as I know Geo cards have never been stackable.

What you are experiencing is a problem with the drivers, Cloned Geo cards typically have strange problems with the drivers as they are hacked to work with the non Geo cards.

If you can get a photo of the card that would be best to determine what it is exactly.

Also, I'm not implying that they sold you a cloned card, just trying to understand what it is. Thanks, and welcome to the forum!

Avermedia does have a video expansion add-on slot filler that sounds like what you are discribing.

Maybe you had Geovision and Avermedia confused.

i try to download avermedia software and i did driver update with aver media it took driver with no problem but when i try to install aplication it is asking me cd key can some one abele to get me cd key for avermedia NV6000 v5.7.0.0033 i will be much apricated becous i dont have cd and it came with geovision cd plus pci card took the driver for avermedia and i reboot my computer sevral time and it is not asking for drivewr what it was asking for befor on all reboot i think avermedia wiill work but i dont have cd key

i try to download avermedia software and i did driver update with aver media it took driver with no problem but when i try to install aplication it is asking me cd key can some one abele to get me cd key for avermedia NV6000 v5.7.0.0033 i will be much apricated becous i dont have cd and it came with geovision cd plus pci card took the driver for avermedia and i reboot my computer sevral time and it is not asking for drivewr what it was asking for befor on all reboot i think avermedia wiill work but i dont have cd key

Dear customer,

Can you provide us the front and gear pictures for us to verify if it is our product.

You might need to contact your original dealer for the cd-key or you need to purchase from our sales.

Thanks.

Dear shivcam,

Firstable, please check your capture card.. is it from GeoVision or Avermedia?

Secondly, if you are using GeoVision capture card, does your GV 600 support 4 ports only?

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8335 ext 287