andy_geovision

Webcam in Vista

I am experiencing problems with using the Internet Explorer browser to connect to my camera system. I am using Windows Vista and it never allows me to enter my user name and password. It only sits there on the execute screen. Is there some sort of patch that I need to install to make it work? I am using GV800 version 7.0. If you need me to get you more information on this problem just let me know what I need to do. Thanks,

Dear Sir,

On the Vista RemotePC Side

Disable UAC.

Go to Control Panel >> User Account >> Uncheck the box called " Use User Account Control UAC to help protect your computer ".

Click " OK " then restart the computer.

Any questions, let me know.....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8335 ext 287

Since you are here, any word on Geo making a version for Linux, even though I dont really like Linux but the OS is free - then again im no fan of Vista either - XP all the way

Anyway, people have been asking .. will Geo ever produce Linux DVR software for the Geo Cards?

Thanks!

Rory

Hi Rory,

GeoVision product is mainly designed for Windows based system...

We also have some Linux based products such as GV Video server, GV DSP LPR and GV Compact DVR.

Will Geo ever produce Linux DVR software for Geo Card?

Well, not the I know....If I got any news regarding to Linux based system, I will let you know....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8335 ext 287

Ok Thanks.

also, can Geo add in a feature where a small jpeg is created for each camera, if the user wants to turn that feature on. I realize there is additional overhead as far as memory etc, but it then could be used for a Javascript browser based app, which could then work in Mac, etc.

Similar to the old Java one that created Jpegs, but that seemed to only create the jpegs when an applet was connected to the DVR.

Just wondering, for the non IE and Linux/Mac users.

I know I could write a 3rd party app for that, as I already started last year, but its an additional program that would need to be running on the DVR and using its own server, and its not from Geo, which most clients wont want.

Rory