owen

Need help connecting to Swan DVR4 Pro NET

Hi I have bought a Swann DVR 4 Pro Net and cant seem to connect to it via the cat 5 cable. I have checked the setting on the video server E login as IP 192.168.1.10 port 80 user name and password are admin and I have changed my TCP/IP address to the range of the above IP (1 to 255 but not 10) but it still says Login Failed

Rang Swann in the Uk and they told me they would call me back

any help/advice would be great

Is this a straight connection between the dvr and pc, or thru a router?

its a straight connection dvr to pc, I wonder if i need to change the port on the login software to something other than 80, all ideas welcome

Are you using a crossover cable? That is what you need for PC to DVR.

Thanks Rick I'll check this out

RickA has it right with the cross over cable.

You may have to put a "default" IP address in to your DVR such as

And then you may have to go ( the following is for windows xp ) START, then to CONTROL PANEL, and then to NETWORK CONNECTIONS then to LOCAL AREA CONNECTIONS, and then click on PROPERTIES, and then click on INTERNET PROTOCAL [TCP/IP]. Click on USE THE FOLLOWING IP ADDRESS.

Enter 192.168.1.10

This should allow you to connect up to your DVR with a cross over cable.

If you are having problems hooking up then put the same gateway, subnet mask, and dns in to both the computer, and the DVR.

Those of you who know how to use short cuts to get to the internet connection tcp ip can do so.

Have you been able to connect yet?

Thanks I have been able to connect over my LAN but have having probs connecting over the internet through my router to view the cams off site my broadband service does not have a fixed IP address

from the instructions I have set up a Dyndns account and turned on the DHCP service on my router(netopia)

but can't connect via the video server e when off site (I have set the port to 90)

Does anyone have any advice do I need to set up a NAT or IP forwarding in my router

This is hard work but I'm learning a lot

Thanks for all the help got it up and running today got the following reply from swann today.

Again thanks for the great advice