galwayrich

Eneo DXR-09N/500CDRW - Test Signal Output only

Hi there and thank you for reading my post.

I am not directly in the field of CCTV (rather TV Aerial and Sky installation) but a client of mine rang me to see if I could fix his DVR machine named above. Basically he has nine camera inputs, all supposedly working fine. The problem is... the TV output is constantly showing the vertical bar test signal (eight different coloured vertical bars) and no matter what I have tried (including a factory reset) it will not disappear. TV and cable to DVR is fine. I can even connect the TV to one of the Spot outputs and it displays perfectly. My guess is software or a "TEST SIGNAL" switch is on and I simply can't find it, but believe me, I've looked!!

I hope you can help me in this matter.

Thanking you

I have seen this on startup momentarly, but for it to be stuck on this is beyond me. I am really surprised that the hardware reset did not clear it!

You may want to PM BurstElement. I have not seen this in the past, and he may have seen this before.

http://www.cctvforum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3755

You may want to PM Darryl733.

http://www.cctvforum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1237

Keep me posted. I want to find out more about this.

Due to the fact that the forum thinks I may be a spambot, my PM's are disabled. Would you do me the honors of PM'ing them for me? Thx.

Oh, btw, some more information. The test signal doesn't start automatically. During initial startup the screen is black, and you see the LED lights scan from 1 to 9. I notice that the test signal always comes on around the time the seventh camera LED is on. Whether it's related to that I can't be sure but CAM 7 seems to operate fine.

p.s. I reset the system twice, and just to be sure that I did it right, I put a paper clip into the hole to the right of the usb port on the back during startup, and waited until all the lights on the front flashed a total of five times.

The sequence of DXR booting up is

1. Leds from CAM1 to CAM7 should be flashed sequentially.

2. All Leds should be flashed at the same time (maybe twice)

No.1 shows the process of system booting up.

If your system stops CAM7, I think that might means a problem of flash memory on mainboard.

In that case, you d better contact Eneo customer center.

PS. There is no 'Test signal switch', that is one of booting process. It suppose to be changed to camera display at normal system.

Sorry I know this is probably too late to help you but it might help someone in the future.

On the front of the unit there is a 'display' button, on some units this may also be the multiscreen button, press and hold this button for a few seconds and the display will return to the camera view. If you press and hold the button again the bars will appear again, this is a bar generator function to assist in the setup of your monitors.

Hope that helps.