executivecctv

CAMERA PICTURE PROBLEM!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! =(

I had a camera that was working perfectly. I cut cable connectors off and pull the wire running outside back in side and left it inside rather than outside along the wall. I then ran the saimese cable then through the wall where the camera would be on the other side. Crimped on the connectors and the DVR says NO SIGNAL now.

I think it may be a power problem but the camera was just on and working before i touched it. I tried cable trackers and tryed toneing the cable all the way accross and it toned (does that mean the powers good?)

I am really confused any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS

Hi

How is the wire spliced?

Can you get a monitor to it and test it at the camera?

Did you meter the wire to double check it still has power?

Test it at the camera, if it is good, then just have to redo the video connection (braid to braid, center to center).

I am sure you didn't cut the power cable while it was on , right? If you only "cut" the video cable, you can do a temporary splice on the center solid wire, and the outer sheathing wire, in order to troubleshoot. I always carry my Fluke meter with me. Disconnect video cable on both ends, and you should not have any continuity between the inner and outer wire on the video cable.

What type of power supply are you using?

Are you sure when you cut the wires you didn't cut the ground and hot at the same time thus grounding them out to one another and popping a fuse in you're power supply?

I've seen it happen a few times!