I am experiencing a very weird issue with cameras locking up (not being able to ping or access the web interface) and producing no video. The only way I am able to re-access the camera is by resetting the PoE power through the switches interface or resting the PoE injector. The outages are very random and happen at all different hours and days.

What I have tried:

Server:

Replaced (RMA) the server

New drivers and updates

Arecont:

Replaced cameras (RMA)

Beta firmware and hardware

Network:

Worked with HP direct and reviewed network config

There are several cameras on one switch but the issues only seem to happen to the 180 and 360 cameras and do not affect our 10MG cameras. Networking does not appear to be the root cause as issues appear at both the core (closest to the server) and the edge (furthest from the server 4 to 5 hops away). The security cameras are on a closed and completely separate physical network.

What we have:

Software:

ExacqVision v5.0.2.34218

Cameras:

(14)Arecont 20185DN

(1)Arecont 20365DN

(2)Arecont 10115DN (Have not locked up)

PoE:

(10)HP Procurve 2910AL

(4)HP Procurve 2520G

(1)TL-POE150S

I have worked for over 5 months on this issue with HP, Arecont, and Exacq with no solutions. Does anyone have any ideas of why or what might be causing the issue?

I am experiencing a very weird issue with cameras locking up (not being able to ping or access the web interface) and producing no video. The only way I am able to re-access the camera is by resetting the PoE power through the switches interface or resting the PoE injector. The outages are very random and happen at all different hours and days.

The # 1 reason

drop Exacq and join army of happy integrators who drop Exacq while back

I would be interested in learning more about the software to see if it will meet our needs. Send me a PM.

Though new software might be the only answer for the problem but I was hopeful that someone might have had or is having the same problem as us. It is a lot of money invested and would hate to have to start over.