Dâniel Fraga

Dahua HFW2100 recording motion event too fast?

I noticed my Dahua HFW2100 is recording motion events too fast (like it is fast-forwarding, at speed higher than normal) in the first seconds of the video recording. After it goes back to normal. Could it be related to CBR/VBR, bitrate, fps settings? What settings do you use for best recording (without the recording going to fast or too slow)?

Thanks.

Ps: using the latest firmware (I suppose): 2.100.0001.0.R, build : 2012-10-31

A possible solution is to use only CBR instead of VBR. This camera (or the firmware) seems unable to handle different VBR/CBR, bitrate configurations between General and Motion settings.

What NVR or NVR software are you using? Did you just try and FTP video events and see if it does it there. That way you can see if the bug is in the NVR or NVR software.

What NVR or NVR software are you using? Did you just try and FTP video events and see if it does it there. That way you can see if the bug is in the NVR or NVR software.

Buellwinkle thanks for answering. I just send the files to mu FTP server. I don't use any NVR software. The only way to fix it is to change all settings to CBR (Constant Bit Rate).

I noticed my Dahua HFW2100 is recording motion events too fast (like it is fast-forwarding, at speed higher than normal) in the first seconds of the video recording. After it goes back to normal. Could it be related to CBR/VBR, bitrate, fps settings? What settings do you use for best recording (without the recording going to fast or too slow)?

Thanks.

Ps: using the latest firmware (I suppose): 2.100.0001.0.R, build : 2012-10-31

What are your encode/FPS settings for both General and Motion?

How do you playback?

How do you playback?

Hi dexterash. I noticed that this only happens when General and Motion have different bit rate and different fps.

Now I'm using H264, 1280x720, 30 fps, VBR, quality (4), 4096 kbps bit rate for General and Motion and everything seems fine.

I changed the settings because I would like to use IP Cam Viewer for Android on my tablet and this software seems to struggle to keep with this settings...

But at least now it is recording fine. Anyway, if I change something on General, I have to also change Motion, because if they are different, I notice this "speed" issue.

I play the DAV files with MPlayer for Linux. I also tried ffplay and it gave me the same result.

But at least I found a workaround, in other words, keep General and Motion with the same exact settings.

What settings do you prefer for General and Motion? Thanks.

How do you playback?

Hi dexterash. I noticed that this only happens when General and Motion have different bit rate and different fps.

Now I'm using H264, 1280x720, 30 fps, VBR, quality (4), 4096 kbps bit rate for General and Motion and everything seems fine.

I changed the settings because I would like to use IP Cam Viewer for Android on my tablet and this software seems to struggle to keep with this settings...

But at least now it is recording fine. Anyway, if I change something on General, I have to also change Motion, because if they are different, I notice this "speed" issue.

I play the DAV files with MPlayer for Linux. I also tried ffplay and it gave me the same result.

But at least I found a workaround, in other words, keep General and Motion with the same exact settings.

What settings do you prefer for General and Motion? Thanks.

IP Cam Viewer is a joke compared to dedicated gDMSS Lite/Plus/HD that it's DAHUA native.

You play your files via non-DAHUA players. Please try to use the standard ones, even try the Linux/Suse version of PSS.

IP Cam Viewer is a joke compared to dedicated gDMSS Lite/Plus/HD that it's DAHUA native.

You play your files via non-DAHUA players. Please try to use the standard ones, even try the Linux/Suse version of PSS.

Yeah, but IP Cam Viewer is useful when I want to see the image anywhere.

MPlayer plays fine the DAV files. The problem is not MPlayer. There's nothing special about the DAV files.

Let me explain better:

1) I can see the streaming fine using ffplay (no problem here)

2) I can play the recorded DAV files on the FTP using MPlayer (no problem here)

3) the problem happens when General and Motion have different settings... they generate DAV files which are incorrect. Maybe the firmware gets confused or has a bug which causes this issue.

There's an example of this happening with other user. See this video:

vv4EGKjOcRc

You can see the car arriving slowly, then the video gets normal. I'm sure when this video was recorded the General and Motion settings were different one from another.

Try to put different settings there in General and Motion (for example 10 fps, 1024kbps in General and 30 fps 4096 kbps in Motion) and you will notice the DAV files get recorded with this problem.

It is not related to the player, because it happens with ALL players. It is a issue with the firmware, but unfortunately Dahua will not support end users

For now, the workaround is to use the same exact settings between General and Motion. If I find a better solution I'll post it here. Thanks.

Problem appears due to different framerate and it's normal... That's why I asked you to use dedicated player from DAHUA.

Problem appears due to different framerate and it's normal... That's why I asked you to use dedicated player from DAHUA.

Yes, but the abnormal framerate is only at the beggining of the video. After that it goes back to normal.

Now I put everything at the same settings and it's ok. Even using VBR. So it's better now.

Thanks. If I have any news, I will reply here.

CBR/VBR should not matter, as well as the resolution of the recording...

FPS should have an effect on this behaviour.

Goodmorning,

I need your help about the connection of my Dahua IPC-HBD3200C and IP Cam Viewer for Android.

The connection is very slow (it takes too much to establish a connection).

Do you have suggestion about the settings on IP Cam and on the Dahua ?

Do you use the http connection or the TCP ?

Thanks

anArea (sorry for my english...I'm from Italy).

Goodmorning,

I need your help about the connection of my Dahua IPC-HBD3200C and IP Cam Viewer for Android.

The connection is very slow (it takes too much to establish a connection).

Do you have suggestion about the settings on IP Cam and on the Dahua ?

Do you use the http connection or the TCP ?

Thanks

anArea (sorry for my english...I'm from Italy).

I use RTSP Dahua support in IP Cam Viewer. Have you tried it?

I can confirm that with RTSP it works much better than with TCP..,

Thank very much for the help!