th111447

Dahua FW2100 Night Vision

Hi Guys-

I'm new to CCTV and recently purchased an NVR-3216 and one Dahua Fw2100 to test. I have the camera temporarily setup in my living room and when I turn off all the lights the night vision is very poor. I have a Foscam 8910 that blows this camera away in night vision mode. I love everything about it but the main reason I purchased it was for monitoring at night. Is there a way to adjust the quality via the NVR to get better night vision on the Dahau? Any suggestions on how to improve the night vision?

IR cut filter stuck in day mode (all IR filtered out)? Seems to be a problem in some of these. Set to day-only mode somehow in your settings?

Thanks for the reply Kawboy. So your indicating the IR filter is stuck in day mode and to set it to day mode and this will fix the IR filter so it switches to night mode?

Thanks for the reply Kawboy. So your indicating the IR filter is stuck in day mode and to set it to day mode and this will fix the IR filter so it switches to night mode?

yes, maybe the IR filter is broken, but this camera's night visioin is not good in fact, it's cmos 1.3mp qualit. cmos sensor can not compare with ccd, it's poor quality at night.

4mcctvdotcom your making my good day turn bad. I had high hopes based on the reviews that this camera would meet my needs and budget. Any other comments about the quality of night vision on the FW2100? I started out looking at Foscam but then ran across these and thought I'd give it a shot. I'm looking for decent quality around the home.

Not really... Actually I think it's better than (some) of the CCD cameras out there (low noise and the IR sensitivity is good)

Also the resolution it's better than others (if you would check a Foscam you could think it's digitally zoomed to HD rather than true HD)

Search on here for "2100 magnet" or "2100 stuck" should turn up some hits. Also check networkcameracritic.com for night pics in different scenes to compare to yours. If a magnet or tapping doesn't fix it then it might be something set wrong in the camera. Or you got a bad one...

If you can post a screenshot of what it looks like, we can help diagnose better.

Here's what my 2100 looks like at night:

215241_1.jpg

Guys-

I feel pretty foolish but I am a newbie. My issue was I the reflection from where I sat the camera for testing. I turned all the lights off tonight in the living room, punched out the holes in my firewall to view it on my iphone and moved the camera up in the air and it looked great to me. I think because I had it sitting on top of my entertainment system which is bright white it was conflicting with the IR's. I'm impressed with the little camera.

I've got a new model from Empire coming which supposedly has 40m IR versus 20m with a 2.8 - 12mm zoom lense to compare to this camera. I'm going to compare the two and then buy the rest. Anyone know if this new model at Empire is also a Dahua?

Thanks

Got a link or a model number?

You mix 2.8-12mm and Dahua you get this.

You mix 2.8-12mm and Empire's dot com store and you currently get this.

They've currently got nothing megapixel on EBay and their .com store is looking pretty bare and strange ($999 MSRPs) at the moment as well. Some stuff I click on tells me that I must be a registered used to view it. Maybe they got their knuckles rapped for using Dahua model numbers in North America? I've heard that names and model numbers were supposed to be changed for the NA market.

Yeah, this is how you learn. I struggled with IR haze on an analog dome for days before I figured out it was reflecting off a wall. Now, it's obvious when it happens.

Sorry Kawboy for the late respone. The link is on Empire now. They had ran out of stock and removed it until new one's arrived. They try to be fair and allow everyone a shot at buying there cameras and removed it from the site until the new inventory arrived. Below is the link to the camera but I worked out everything.

[MOD: Removed link does not work]

You sure that's the right link? That's a fixed lens camera, definitely not a 2.8-12mm. For those that don't want to go through the trouble of faking an account to see a product description th111447 linked to a Dahua 2100 3.6mm mini-bullet.