Jomadav

IP Camera Setup Tool Advice Needed

I am looking for advice on buying a setup monitor/ tool. My budget is $300-$600 I am looking for handheld, "useable" screen, provides it's own PoE, and works with most manufacturers.

I understand I could look online, but I want to hear from other shops on what they are using and staying with. Proven stuff.

I already have a Veracity Pinpoint and like it. We need a self-contained handheld now.

Is that the Razberi unit? if it is the one you're talking about, I have seen the same reviews. It appears to be under several different labels also. Maybe I need another option that is more in line with what other installation companies are currently doing. I also am considering buying a netbook or chrome book and a nother pin.. We currently use an extension cord with a single port Poe injector. It works great but I need to be able to send a tech out on a lift with a handheld manager as well as using my laptop back at the head end. Kind of stuck in the middle here.

This is what I use.

A TP-Link nano router, which I can power with a small battery. The battery has 5V USB output, which I can use to power the nano router (or to charge my mobile phone), and also has a 12V output, which I can use to power up the camera. The router creates me a small wi-fi network, and I connect to it with a Nexus 10 tablet, which has 1920x1080 resolution.

I can use it for doing demos, for pointing cameras to the correct place, for focusing varifocal cameras, etc.

895938088_2014-12-0516_29_51.thumb.jpg.b6291c31929b6d91641ded4518b27642.jpg

1144739290_2014-12-0516_29_39.thumb.jpg.291a7f69fdfe53e57d31bf51685d62b4.jpg

1624879743_2014-12-0516_29_14.thumb.jpg.ecd5b8ea9102c63ec72ad849936e1096.jpg

Only 3 attachments allowed per message.

Here is last pic with everything assembled, I just have to plug the 2.1mm and the RJ45 connectors to the camera I want to use, and turn on the battery

891783432_2014-12-0516_30_33.thumb.jpg.5e611233d31372d6fe75aa1bb722c77b.jpg

that is very nice. I should look into doing something like that. Currently we are doing a large warehouse so what do you figure you get for range out of something like that? Do you need an active network connection or can the set up be used without? Do you strictly use it directly connected? Is the router is connected directly to the camera and you are on the lift/ ladder with your tablet? Great pics. Thank you

too cool

I'm using Veracity Pinpoint and a small battery powered wireless Tp-Link router. Battery lasts for 4 hours easily. For camera angle/focus adjustments my Note2 works well, but for fine focus setting is better to use FullHD laptop or big screen tablet To power-up the camera directly, I'm using big and heavy 12V/7Ah battery, need some improvement here

20141211_090621.thumb.jpg.1dd4b73cd872eecd30a54d3f99f4c1be.jpg

This is what I use.

A TP-Link nano router, which I can power with a small battery. The battery has 5V USB output, which I can use to power the nano router (or to charge my mobile phone), and also has a 12V output, which I can use to power up the camera. The router creates me a small wi-fi network, and I connect to it with a Nexus 10 tablet, which has 1920x1080 resolution.

I can use it for doing demos, for pointing cameras to the correct place, for focusing varifocal cameras, etc.

I ordered a TP-Link TLWR702N and just got it. I also ordered a battery similar to the one you have. The battery works fine, but the router won't set up. What "mode" do you have yours in? I connected mine to the interweb and looked at it through it's mgt page - changed IP and mode several times - no luck at all. Ready to return it. Any help?

I ordered a TP-Link TLWR702N and just got it. I also ordered a battery similar to the one you have. The battery works fine, but the router won't set up. What "mode" do you have yours in? I connected mine to the interweb and looked at it through it's mgt page - changed IP and mode several times - no luck at all. Ready to return it. Any help?

Access Point mode. I have it with fixed address 192.168.1.18 (so it won't conflict when I connect it to my wired network); DHCP enabled, so when I connect my tablet, laptop, etc, with wifi it will connect to the network without any manual config.

Access Point mode. I have it with fixed address 192.168.1.18 (so it won't conflict when I connect it to my wired network); DHCP enabled, so when I connect my tablet, laptop, etc, with wifi it will connect to the network without any manual config.

and after you have it set up, you are connecting the cameras network cable directly to the single lan/ wan port on the router?

and after you have it set up, you are connecting the cameras network cable directly to the single lan/ wan port on the router?

Yes, you can see it on the pictures. Camera is connected to the nano router (RJ45 cable) and to the battery.

Yes, you can see it on the pictures. Camera is connected to the nano router (RJ45 cable) and to the battery.

I did see that in the picture. Just wanted to be sure .