KodaTales

Help with a failed system

Hey, I came here seeking help with a cctv system. My parents own a retail store and their previous PC camera system crashed due to a bad mother board. I salvaged what parts I could. I was able to salvage the capture card but I do not know the manufacture or where it was purchased from. How do I install drivers to the new computer without knowing the brand/make/model of this card? I know that it is a 24 channel capture card but that is all. They were using 24 1/3"Sony Color IR 550TVL cameras.

rsz_image1.thumb.jpg.752f913987ad1fd6764e677e013cfc64.jpg

rsz_image2.thumb.jpg.a3ec63e139d93d5b73ec711762a69176.jpg

if you plug it into the pc and boot the pc it should detect the device. under computer properties- device manager you should see an unknown device. select the details of this device should give you some some code /instance details which you can then google and hopefully find exactly what it is so you can then get the required drivers. try googling something similar to find unknown device.

I am running windows 8 on my pc and I have found the hardware under device manager but it is still not giving me any usable information

Untitled.thumb.png.ffb892d120b74fddbc7014562c182955.png

You are right. You need the device driver to be installed.

You keep posting the same message till you come across the users of the same board who may provide you the device driver and application program. Or buy the new card to save the cameras.

One more note, many of the old card manufacturers are now gone away, before Windows 8 comes up. So the device driver and applications might not be supported under new Windows 8.

ok well done. under the details tab it should provide some more details, select details tab then select the drop down box and select hardware - this should give you a vid /pid code- this is the code that identifies the vendor-manufacturer- again google for this info there should be a vendor id lookup page or similar. once you get there hopefully you can get drivers from the manufacturers web page- but like others say maybe they wont be updated to suit windows 8.

Ok so I have found a website with the drivers. They are for windows 7 but I will try installing on windows 8. I did notice that there is a number 9116_v1.4 stamped on the card that I did not see before. I have googled this number with little to no results.