rory

Black line taking up lower part of vid from Pano CCDs in Geo

just connected a few cameras to both a GV800 and a GV650, 2 different PCs and the GV800 has 15 other cameras and has for a couple years with none of this issue. Also one of the cameras is powered in the ceiling (previous installers) and the previous camera was fine (had a Sony CCD), the others are powered from a 12VDC 4 channel PSU.

The GV650 has 4 cameras, 1 OEM Dome with a Sony CCD Camera, the other 3 are the newer versions of that 1 dome, but they have Panasonic CCDs. Only the cameras with the Panasonic CCDs are giving this problem, on 2 seperate DVRs also, with different power supplies and other hardware and even different 8.xx versions (8.12 on the newer one and the older one I think has 8.11 - not 100% sure but its an older version

Anyway the line could be said to take up about5% of the video and basically is causing a smaller FOV also. On a CCTV CRT Monitor both at the DVR end and the Camera side, it is fine - until it is plugged into the Geo DVRs.

The part of the video from the domes with the Panasonic CCD are actually better quality than the older version (still a brand new camera) which as the Sony CCD .. course that could be other causes such as a cheaper Sony CCD or other factors like less internal camera features or what not.

Either way .. ANDY or anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Great video otherwise .. just makes it look bad t o have part of the video missing, and only on the GeoVision cards.

The cameras in question are these:

http://www.eclipsecctv.com/ECL-5H_dome_camera.html

http://www.eclipsecctv.com/ECL-557H_dome_camera.html

Dont know if it is actually something to do with the Pano CCD or just a coincidence . . bottom line is I need to fix it though.

Ive noticed this before when using 720x480 source with Combo cards and 8.xx but never before with the other cards, and also, I tried all sources and also different compressions and still the same problem. Also tried diff screen resolutions, no deinterlace and no overlay, to no prevail, the problem still exists.

A small example of this is seen remotely here, but it is not as evident as it is on the local PC where it is maybe 4 times the thickness:

geoeclissue.jpg

Ah...you're a perfectionist to a fault like me!

Are you getting your B+ ground and video ground for the cam and monitor from the same DC power source when checking the cam with the CCTV monitor?

If so, the cams you're experiencing the black line at the bottom should be checked for an open ground on the video side. In other words, do you have an open between DC ground and the cameras video shield?

Thanks, all the wiring and power seems to be in order ... only the new cameras are doing it .. the ones with the pano chipset .. the older one (3 months but still brand new in the box, just an older version) is fine on both DVRs as are 15 other cameras (some are the same but older version and the rest are all different types of cameras all powered from all kinds of different sources but still not having this problem) ..

Seems like its gotta be something to do with the Geo and this brand and version of cameras, just not sure what yet.

Hi, thats remote view right there, its a much thicker black line on the local view.

Duh, sorry had an extra dose of stupidity are you going to try it at another site with different dvr. If not then i am with rocko giving geo the benefit of the doubt and thinkin its a power issue.

let us know if you figure it out.........

Its definately not a power issue.

16 existing cameras on the GV800 DVR. None had that problem. That camera you see is just one of the new ones which replaced an old one with lower quality. Its powered the same as the other old one was and as all the other 15 cameras are, in the ceiling. No ground loops or anything. I didnt install all those BTW and can only suggest a total rewire of the place which would cost the owner a couple thousand.

The second DVR, 4 channel GV650, using a 4 Channel Fused PSU at the DVR location. 1 of the cameras is an older version, but still brand new in the box - no issues. The other 3 are the new versions like that other one on the 16 channel DVR - all 3 have the same issue as that other one.

All cable on the 4 channel DVR is the same ive always used, RG59 Siamese with 18AWG and Copper in and out. Made sure they are away from high voltage the entire run of all wires (which in itself was difficult due to the amount of lights they have there) but even if it were not, the other cameras on the 16 channel DVR are slung all over lights and have no issues, execpt one or two with minor interference. This big black spot of missing video is not interference BTW.

I have another one of the newer domes here, so I will be putting that on both a CNB stand alone, an Eclipse Stand alone, and will also try a Geo Combo Card and a GV250 .. probably this weekend.

Im putting a similar one though on an Avermedia EB1304 today so that should tell us as well (its just the vandal proof version of the other domes). If there is a problem then we know for sure its the cameras. If not, then more investigation surrounding the DVR is needed.

The strange issues I have seen coming up with Geo cards lately though, it does not surprise me anymore - just want to know how to fix it though. The software is great but also need the cards to work properly

Rory

Its sounds like the chipset on the camera is confliciting with the Geo BT878 chipset. I saw a similar problem a couple years ago with a GV800 and Everfocus cameras, changing the cameras fixed everything.

Let us know what happens when this same cam is plugged into the other DVR's.

Update on this.

Put the same type cameras on an Avermedia EB1304, no problem.

Also, happened to be cleaning up another Geo, a GV1120 and decided to upgrade it to 8.12 from 8.1. After the upgrade, one of the cameras which was a gate cam (bw built into a gate controller) had black edges all around it. Going to go back to 8.1 and see what happens.

So it may be just an 8.2 problem then. Keep us posted.

Going back to 8.10 to test.

Hey Rory....

Did you get my PM....?

Is it possible that you can provide me with VNC?

If not, provide me with AVI files...

Check the PM for more detail information.

Thanks....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support, GeoVision Inc , Taiwan

+886-2-8797-8377 with extension 287

rory any news?

since you say that on the local PC it looks much worse, were you considering trying another graphic card for the test?

Doubt its the graphic card. Anyway I dont have easy access to the DVR right now as its locked away in the clients office. But sent Andy an Avi file to let them check it out. Strange how on the other DVR (1120) which also had black borders all around it after upgrading to 8.12, when downgrading to 8.10 it then only had a single black border at the top in multiview, but still had all the black borders in single view .. but it didnt have it before when it was only 8.10 and was not yet upgraded ...

Anyway .. will wait and see.

I noticed before some strange things with the black video spaces in 8.10 and 8.12 before .. even going to 8.2 didnt seem to solve them .. where it would be a black border even on the Video Loss and No Video boxes .. something definitely up in these new versions .. dunno.

Dear Rory,

Here is the Spec you gave me....

GV1120

Tested with version 8.10 - 8.12

During Live view and Playback a black line right at the bottom of cameras.

What resolution you got there?

What codec did you use?

Did you enable the DSP Overlay?

By the way, what Windows operating system did you have?

Please let me know...

Thank you...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Hy Andy, it also occurs on the GV800, and GV650. This is only with certain camera models.

I tested all the codecs and sources, everything, same results.

Windows XP SP2, same as Ive been using for a few years now.

Just did a new install. Geo Compact DVR in a remote building recording the cameras, and then gv1240-8 also recording all of the cameras via IP. Quality is fine but just like Rory, there are thick black borders. never seen this before.

sucks hey

I wish I had the Cameras when I was setting up the DVR, then I could have tested various versions including 7.xx.

Also, there was always an issue with the Combo cards and Borders with all cameras I used when in 720x480, try turning it down to 640x480 and see if that doesnt fix it, as it did for me when I had that particular issue.

Dear Rory and 501,

I knew that if clients are using the third party IP cameras, there might be a blackline shown up at the boarder of images...The truth is different cameras might have different display resolution. When this display resolution compressed and display into one of channel in GeoVision software, this display resolution from the third party IP camera might not completely fit into GeoVision software. That's why you have a black line in the live view when using third party IP cam....This issue is well-known...let me report this to my manager to see if there is any fix in the later version...

Regarding to Rory cameras with black line...

I assume Rory is using an analog camera with PANO CCD..

Testing the version 8.0-8.2, I assue Rory has turn on DSP Overlay but still see the black line in live view and webcam remote view...

If this is the case, PANO doesn't fit with GeoVision Capture card...

It is sad to hear that.....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Maybe its just the cheaper Pano CCDs, as these are all OEM Cameras with Pano CCDs, not original Pano cameras themselves?

Dear Rory,

Yes, it is possible...

I think this problem is more into Pano chipset issue...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Yes sorry just noticed the bullet camera is also a Panasonic:

http://www.cctvco.com/ECL-599HT_IR_bullet_camera.html

the one listed on their other site is a Sony, so that would explain that it is definately the Pano CCDs.

Actually both their sites say different, one says Sony the other above says Pano, I would lean towards it being a Pano:

http://www.eclipsecctv.com/ECL-599HT_security_camera.html

Hi Andy, the problem I had when using the IP feed from a compact GV DVR. On the compact DVR, the video is great and these same cameras work great plugged into any Geo card, but when I used a GV1240 card and have it recording the stream from the compact DVR, there are thick black lines. I can pm you a link if you like.

Dear 501,

When you did the hybrid < Compact to DVR >, does the black line show up in live view? or the black line just shown in playback?

Sincerely,

Andy Chen