DeathtoToasters1

Ok, Blind spots, Camera Choices, Long Distances, OH MY!

Ok,

I have gotten alot of help from everyone here, and I really appreciate it.

I purchased the KT&C N600H2 and find it to be a very nice camera. I have realized after looking at the camera above and re-thinking things. that I have some large blind spots.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give to help me get rid of them. Below is a map of my property from a bird's eye view, with distances etc.

One of the major blind spots is under the patio roof. I have nothing looking under the patio and then the large blind spot on the upper right portion of the property under the pool. There are two access doors there, and I realized that I have no coverage there.

Also for the driveway, you will notice that I see ONLY the driveway, nothing down the street, so that is something I want to change.

Last but not least, I wanted to add two PTZ cameras, 1 for the back and 1 for the front. Those are more for zooming in for something specific or looking down the street if needed.

Lighting is little to none. So IR cameras with mechanical IR filter removal is most likely needed.

I guess I am needing help on the following:

Getting rid of blind spots

Picking the right cameras for job

The correct lenses for the cameras (if not bullet style_

Where to point the cameras for best coverage VS Good zoom and detail.

Here is the layout (please note the legend in the upper left corner)

49209_1.jpg

Thanks alot everyone.

DTT

I have to ask..... Are you afraid of the dark? I've never seen so many camera's in a house before. How did you get away with that with the Wife?

Really, your trying to record everything and anything possible. Even if I was installing this for you I'd never had sold that many camera's to you because it is overkill. Are you in some kind of witness protection plan?

Ok, move the camera at the garage/bedroom to the B4 outside position to cover the BZ by the pool, aiming it at the pool. The pool is a must to cover..liability stuff.

Potiential blind spots outside windows where no doors are can be cover from inside with a decent WDR camera. cover the room and windows if you can.

I'd pull back the outmost camera on the patio corner to the house wall to cover the patio BZ

PTZ's? save the money and take a vacation, buy the Wife roses, or give the local school a $500.00 dollar donation.

LOL...

Ok I see lots of confusion here. Let me make something clear that I didn't explain.

Every please where you SEE a camera ICON...is NOT a camera in the house. That original plan picture I took form the builders website and when you click on those icons (on their website) it shows you a picture of that room from the inside.

The ACTUAL camera locations are all outside and are noted by a "C" and the direction of the camera is indicated by the direction of the red arrow.

I hope that makes things a bit more clear.

As mentioned, get the pool.

Mount the front door camera low, like should hieght and NO IR. Otherwise you will get the tops of ballcaps and whiteout from IR.

I hope that makes things a bit more clear.

Not a clarity thing but I don't think you are a nutjob anymore.