scorpion

Press Releases

Have you done press releases? This will cost you time, but not much else.

You can email press releases, and you can fax them. Send these to every newspaper company, and to included the "home town newspapers" as well. Email these to Radio Stations, and Television Stations as well.

Don't just send out worthless articles! After a while they will ignore you!

To make it easy on yourself you actually have to think like they think. This might be an important story to you, and you believe that everyone will want to print it. This will not be the case. They look at their main stories, and then they look at the press releases that match the editorial content they are interested in!

_______________________________________________________-

Here is a good way to get printed.

SSC employee has been promoted to senior tech.....

SSC employee has received employee of the month.....

SSC employee has received employee of the year....

SSC employee has received a certification in .......

SSC employee has been honored by ......

SSC Company has deployed new technology......

SSC Company has installed equipment for the city of........

This is a really stupid idea that I had. I used this on a different business.

I DBA another company name. Using this company name I "attacked" my first company to hell and back. It was such an attack that it made this second "company" look bad! It actually drove people to "my" company because I never took the "cheap shot" back.

I got this idea from the old days of the Burger King and Mcdonalds "burger wars". The question is who won?

They both won! They are the leaders in their markets, and they have drove out most of the weaker competition. Any one remember Burger Chef and Jeff, or Burger Queen? Dairy Queen is finally making a comback. Whataburger dominates their market, and Jack in the Box dominates their market. What ever happened to Royal Castle?

For me this was just a marketing ploy, but it did work. I quoted high on the "ficticuous" company, and made some good money out of it.

The best way to get "advertising" is to have the newspaper come out and do a story on you.

Such and Such company (SSC) donates a security system to the womens battered shelter...

SSC donates to the Sherrifs kids ranch....

SSC donated security to the surf festival (major one)....

SSC donates system to the elderly community center.....

SPEND YOUR ADVERTISING DOLLARS HERE instead of "real" advertising. You will get more bang for the buck! If you are good enough to be highlighted by the newspaper, or the TV news than you must be "reputable".

Issac can atest to this with the video footage on the TV news and the exposure he received.

If they come out with a new technology then call the technology reporter, and have them run a story on it.

If you are a start up company then incorporate a name such as

Society of Security installers, and integrators. Now DBA your trade name.

Now you can receive honors from the Society of Security Installers, and Integrators! Send yourself a plaque!

You think I am full of sh..? Look at subway sandwich shops. They are incorporated as Doctors Associates DBA Subway.

Look at the ad posters. At the bottom you see Doctors Associates. This makes you think this food is "supported" by in Association of Doctors doesn't it? Things that make you go Hmmmm!