Sign in to follow this  
trooper

Avigilon Control Center problem

Hi all, i downloaded Avigilon Control Center software. I cant find/view any of my cameras!? I can see the PC and my Hikvision NVR in the software but cant see any of the cameras. I have tried to look in manuals and youtube videos but cant see anything.

Any help? Screen shot attached

Untitled.thumb.jpg.fa9f2712b40a5239c4de06fd897742dc.jpg

Im sure they are accessible as I also have hikvision ivms4500 software and access them on my PC through that.

Im sure they are accessible as I also have hikvision ivms4500 software and access them on my PC through that.

With iVMS-4500 and your PC you might be accessing your NVR, and not your cameras.

What is the IP address of your server? What is the IP address of one of your cameras? Are they on the same subnet?

Are your cameras connected to a Hikvision NVR or are they installed on your network?

What is the IP address of your server? What is the IP address of one of your cameras? Are they on the same subnet?

Are your cameras connected to a Hikvision NVR or are they installed on your network?

Cameras are connected to NVR, no idea what ip address for served is i think its 10.0.0.100? Ip address for cameras i think they are on Plug and play and havent been assigned a ip address.

With iVMS-4500 and your PC you might be accessing your NVR, and not your cameras.

Yeh i think thats my problem im accessing the NVR and not cameras. Any idea how to acces the cameras and not NVR?

Ok i found the ip address for cameras and searched it and this is the error i get:

Error: Cameras may have an IP address belonging to a network segment (subnet) that is not accessible by the server.

You need to remove your Hikvision NVR from your network. Unplug it and then plug your IP cameras into a POE switch and then connect the POE switch to your network.

So how does IVMS4500 connect to the cameras on my PC? I thought it would be exactly the same? They are both programs on my PC and IVMS4500 can connect to them?

From what you are telling us the Hik CMS software is connecting to the NVR NOT the cameras. Avigilon will connect to your Hik cameras but it will not connect to your NVR. That is not how this work.