ljarrald

forum issues

who is the admin of this forum?

(s)he needs to do something about the spammers. i am not sure what, but something needs to be done.

I delete them, ban them, and block IPs when necessary, but since I can't sit here monitoring 24/7, sometimes a few posts get through for a while. I'm just a moderator though, so that's about the limit of what I can do.

I know this version of phpBB has the ability to put new users on "moderated" status for their first "X" number of posts (where the posts don't appear until they've been approved, until the user has a set number of posts), but so far that hasn't been implemented.

The other option is that an admin has to approve all new registrations, but that can get time-intensive for the admin.

I delete them, ban them, and block IPs when necessary, but since I can't sit here monitoring 24/7, sometimes a few posts get through for a while. I'm just a moderator though, so that's about the limit of what I can do.

I know this version of phpBB has the ability to put new users on "moderated" status for their first "X" number of posts (where the posts don't appear until they've been approved, until the user has a set number of posts), but so far that hasn't been implemented.

The other option is that an admin has to approve all new registrations, but that can get time-intensive for the admin.

i knew about the approvals thing but can't see how that would help. the "moderated" accounts would be a good idea to implement i think but i know that is beyond your powers so it is the admin who will have to do it.

i knew about the approvals thing but can't see how that would help.

New accounts would not be active, and thus unable to post, until approved by an admin. Some might still get through, but it's usually fairly easy for an experienced eye to tell the spam accounts - they typically have oddball names and/or strange email addresses.