Sign in to follow this  
korlforever

Suggestions to improve forum

Thank you very much for this great forum. Here is one suggestion from me, if you don't mind:

There are about 8 main sections with again 1-4 sub sections each. Although it seems to make sense having forums divided like this, I would suggest to cut this amount down to 2-3 with just a few subsections. The reason for this mainly because many of them do overlap anyway (LPR, customers have both analog & IP cameras, etc.) First of all it tidies everything up a bit and is not that cluttered but the MAIN reason is that you get more people to read and answer than just a few, who happen to be at the right time at the right place.

For example, you might find someone with a lot expertise in PC based systems reading "DVR cards & software" while not looking at "security cameras" at that time and missing therefor a question from someone else. I believe this will make the forum more active. And you get more answers.

My suggestion would be:

WELCOME

-Introductions

-CCTV FAQs

-Announcements (trade shows, website, etc)

-Classifieds

-Suggestions about the website

CCTV

-software (surveillance, ALPR, face recognition, etc.)

-hardware (lenses, cameras, access control, etc.)

or something else in that direction. Just a thought.

Hope you don't mind. Cheers.

hi. the forum is like a good working DVR ..... if its not broken dont fix it.

i see you have only been on a few days so i think it just a learning curve. the first time you join then yes you need to look around but once you have been on a few days then you only need to use the (what i call the hot keys)

View unanswered posts | View active topics | View unread posts | View new posts | View your posts

you will find them top right of your page.

There are about 8 main sections with again 1-4 sub sections each. Although it seems to make sense having forums divided like this, I would suggest to cut this amount down to 2-3 with just a few subsections. The reason for this mainly because many of them do overlap anyway

some will be trade and others not. as you will see some you are locked out from