ljw2k

Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-I, night Capture

Here is the URL

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/Products_show.asp?id=9798&showid=1

Click on the "Overview" tab to see screenshot

I'm confident its a print mistake, unless Hikvision have just updated the 2532 camera to include this, highly unlike though imo.

---

So if the above is wrong and there is no internal speaker ...

- Is it as simple as attaching a wire to an external speaker, or is there some time of amplifier needed?

- Where do you find external speakers to attach?

Thanks again!

I have never added a speaker, so i cant recommend a specific product, but you are correct the speaker will need separate power because the camera doesn’t have enough amplification power.

I would check out some of dedicated all in one video/audio door products such as: http://www.getdoorbot.com

I do wonder how effective a 2532 would be for this task. In my experience people don't usually wait very long at a unanswered door. For me by the time the notification arrived on my phone and i logged in remotely for communication, most people would have gone and i would be talking to myself :/

I have never added a speaker, so i cant recommend a specific product, but you are correct the speaker will need separate power because the camera doesn’t have enough amplification power.

I would check out some of dedicated all in one video/audio door products such as: http://www.getdoorbot.com

I do wonder how effective a 2532 would be for this task. In my experience people don't usually wait very long at a unanswered door. For me by the time the notification arrived on my phone and i logged in remotely for communication, most people would have gone and i would be talking to myself :/

------

Thanks - makes sense ...didnt know about Doorbot, and found another SkyBel.

Nice concepts, but reviews look iffy, a lot say not working well ... will research more!

------

Thanks - makes sense ...didnt know about Doorbot, and found another SkyBel.

Nice concepts, but reviews look iffy, a lot say not working well ... will research more!

Hi I'm chuan here, just want to check with you , did you bough the wireless door bell ?

I'm planning to buy as well but i check a lot of review say that not so stable but the last update i notice is on Jun 2014, not sure now what is the quality...

please share

hi, i intend to install the camera near front door and I'm exploring an option of adding external speaker to IS model.

Basically, when somebody is at the door I would like to speak to them. Do I need to add any alarm into the camera (e.g. connected to the bell) or does the push notification on the mobile hikvision app work well? Is the app capable of audio - two way conversation?

I appreciate your advice. Thanks.

How do you think this would do without the street lights?

Where I live is the end of a culdesac and we have no light street light near the house. I have a 2032 currently and it gives OK quality picture on 1/3 but the motion blur is ridiculous.