Tourex

Low lux network camera recommendation

I am looking for a low-lux camera to protect a car parked outside my home. Because it is a listed building, I cannot mount the camera externally, so it will need to be an indoor camera, looking out through glass. Ideally, the camera will have wireless Wi-Fi facilities to connect to my home NAS unit. Less desirable, it could connect to a laptop, via USB, for example. Can anyone recommend anything please? I have a limited budget. Thank in anticipation.

I am looking for a low-lux camera to protect a car parked outside my home. Because it is a listed building, I cannot mount the camera externally, so it will need to be an indoor camera, looking out through glass. Ideally, the camera will have wireless Wi-Fi facilities to connect to my home NAS unit. Less desirable, it could connect to a laptop, via USB, for example. Can anyone recommend anything please? I have a limited budget. Thank in anticipation.

Is the place you park your car well lit at night? IR will reflect off the windows so you cannot use IR camera.

There are street lights about 100yds away, but light levels are low. Yes, I assume that the glass of the window would reflect any IR light.

The lowest light cameras are box cameras, but that's OK, it will be indoors anyway, also 720P is the sweet spot for low light cameras. Check out the Bosch NBM-733V-IP, maybe one of the lowest light surveillance cameras out there. The Axis Q1604 also does very well at night, almost as good as the Bosch. Samsung has their Wisenet III camera, the SNB-5004, the same league but may be the best bang for the buck.

The lowest light cameras are box cameras, but that's OK, it will be indoors anyway, also 720P is the sweet spot for low light cameras. Check out the Bosch NBM-733V-IP, maybe one of the lowest light surveillance cameras out there. The Axis Q1604 also does very well at night, almost as good as the Bosch. Samsung has their Wisenet III camera, the SNB-5004, the same league but may be the best bang for the buck.

The Bosch 733 appears to have been discontinued, previously priced around the $800-$900 mark? The Dinion 80052 BA is 5MP and priced around $1100-$1300 online, excluding cost of a CS mount lens. When you buy one, make sure you post a review up here

Hi,

My suggestion is you go for a low lux cctv board probably 0.001 lux + a 5-100mm vaifocal IR low aperture lens. If there is street light at the area you would like to protect, IR LEDs is not really required.

You may PM for more information if you are interested to find out more about the product i mentioned

Thanks

IqInvision has pretty good low light capabilities.

They call it light grabber.

Personally I think viewing through glass, with it without ir can give problems depending on light in the room