Sign in to follow this  
Dirk_D

Hacked Hikvision Cameras?

DS-2CD3132-I domes

DS-2CD2032-I bullets

(a total of 20 cameras)

Dahua ESDV-NVRX-32

Netgear M4100-26POE

When the cameras are plugged into the comcast router, port forward rules start propagating...... at first I thought the router was to blame because as one rule was deleted others were created. The router was replaced, I re-connected my stuff & ~60 rules popped up by the time I noticed. I deleted them all, they stayed gone, then I connected only the NVR, no rules were created, then I plugged the cameras in, & in 15 seconds I noticed the rules getting added so I quickly unplugged the cameras.

This is a business and they want remote access, but I need to be confident that their system is secured. The rest of their stuff is behind a firewall. I'm really uncomfortable with this. Do I flash each camera?

Other ports created were labeled "civil command" and other things like that.

The system works fine as a stand-alone but I'm not confident enough to set up for remote access.

I don't want any ports forwarded other than the first 2 listed.

994437430_20150129_103834-e.thumb.jpg.33b39b11706dd33e496ee735ec7f8583.jpg

Turn off uPnP (Universal Plug and Play) and NAT in the camera's config. These functions send commands to your uPnP enabled router to open the ports necessary. This is what it is supposed to do, to make it easy for non-technical people to not have to worry about stuff like port forwarding, etc.

While you're in there, turn off Platform Access (if it's there).

This should stop all that stuff, and leave it up to you to do the forwarding you choose.

Same goes in the NVR..it may have uPnP options as well.