Sign in to follow this  
oh6hfx

NAS storage option in Dahua cameras

There is an option to use NAS in Dahua cameras, at least HFW4300S and HDB3200CP that I own.

However, user manual or help does not indicate what this actually means. There is fields for IP address and

path, but no username or password. I have tested it with my Buffalo NAS but no success.

I know FTP works but I'm thinking that maybe if NAS option works the camera sees NAS storage directly and

could do also playback in camera UI like HDB3200CP does with SD card record.

Anybody got this working?

Johannes

I didn't even get as far as you as I was able to enter an IP and directory, but the check box to enable it was grayed out. I was just doing it in the interest of science since I use Milestone XProtect, but would be interesting to see how it works. The camera I have does not have an SD card slot if that makes a difference.

Also, I know Dahua talked about cloud at the last trade show I attended. Has anyone experience this with the Dahua cameras.

FTP should be clicked out on "path"-tab, so it is not possible to use FTP and NAS same time. After that you can input NAS address and folder.

What I am looking for is that NAS could appear to camera similar as SD card local storage (which HFW4300S does not have) and enables playback

functions. Maybe not possible at all, just thinking.

However, NAS means Network Attached Storage and that can be interpreted also FTP, SMB, CIFS, whatever..

Johannes

For dahua NAS means NFS.

FTP should be clicked out on "path"-tab, so it is not possible to use FTP and NAS same time. After that you can input NAS address and folder.

What I am looking for is that NAS could appear to camera similar as SD card local storage (which HFW4300S does not have) and enables playback

functions. Maybe not possible at all, just thinking.

However, NAS means Network Attached Storage and that can be interpreted also FTP, SMB, CIFS, whatever..

Johannes