Sign in to follow this  
sergio5

viewing different brand cams

I've got some Hikvision and Foscam cameras that I want to be able to view on the same application side-by-side.

For the Hikivisions cams I'm using iVMS-420, although been resource hungry this does the job for the Hik cams, but I can't view the Foscam cams with this.

I'm after a simple program that can just view the different camera feeds and display them on the screen. I'm not looking for software monitor (motion detection etc...), not looking for servers or anything, just a program that connects directly to the cameras. I played around with vlc (mosaic) viewing the rstp feeds, but setting this up was too complicated.

I've got some Hikvision and Foscam cameras that I want to be able to view on the same application side-by-side.

For the Hikivisions cams I'm using iVMS-420, although been resource hungry this does the job for the Hik cams, but I can't view the Foscam cams with this.

I'm after a simple program that can just view the different camera feeds and display them on the screen. I'm not looking for software monitor (motion detection etc...), not looking for servers or anything, just a program that connects directly to the cameras. I played around with vlc (mosaic) viewing the rstp feeds, but setting this up was too complicated.

I would suggest you to try http://www.ispyconnect.com/ it's free and open source. Though they charge you for remote access if you need it. Other than that it supports tons of brands and works great!