Sign in to follow this  
WarrenM

Hard Drive compatible to dvr Question

My avermedia 1304 SATA took a dump on video out so it's going back for inspection. Didn't want to be without one so I bought a Avermedia eh1004h today and purchased this hard drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136797

My first HDD was pre-installed so I was just wondering if someone could confirm this is a fit.

Thanks

Hi W/D are good just dont buy the green drives. but a would say pay a little more and go for a 500 or 1tb your new NVR also runs IP.

and on your 1304 sata. it is a common fault the video out ..... but 99% of the time it is a mistake by the customer. on the back of the unit you will see a switch VGA or COMP.

if you are running it via a vga monitor switch off unit connect vga to unit and monitor then set switch to VGA then restart dvr. if to a TV (rca) switch off dvr remove VGA and connect rca to video out then set switch to COMP then switch on your DVR. you cant just flick switch over dvr must be switched off first.

Thank you for the reply's.

I had read that about the switch so I was up to date on that...but thanks anyway. Also, It was outputting fine and went blank all of the sudden when I connected an external IR light that wasn't a part of or connected to the DRV but shared a camera receptacle. Odd, but maybe coincidence. After it went out I fed that camera straight to a monitor and it was fine.

Out of warranty also so I just took it to a local IT guy to look over. If he can't fix it it'll go in the trash unless someone wants it for some reason for parts or something.