donverse

16 Camera Install Charge

I recently installed a 16 camera IP system in my condo. I ran about 550' of conduit and used about 2,500' of cat 5e cable. The entire system is connected to a router and to the internet for mobile viewing. It was a huge job. I think I greatly under bid myself so I wanted to see what some of you professional installers would have charged for a system like this. Just a general range for the labor cost is all I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Don

How many hours of labour was involved?

did you bring any extra employees?

were you going up on extreme heights.

a lot of factors to think about

more details would help

I did debate doing that, but I've had bad experiencing in hiring people to do one time jobs so I worked though it myself. Still aside from the amount of work/time that I put into the project I'm still wondering what you guys would have bid the service part of the this job at. Knowing the details I've mentioned what would you have charged if you did the job?

Thanks,

Don

Three months for 16 cameras ???

I would talk to an electrican who installs conduit on a commerical basis and they could give you an idea of how many hours it should take. We don't install conduit because most jobs the electricians do it I would think they could get 16 runs out in a couple of days don't know for sure because not enough details. Biggest mistake I see with conduit is useing too small a diameter to save a few cents and then you can't pull through it well.

we usually figure an hour per inside camera to mount and focus and around and hour to two hours to pull the cable depending on type and other factors add a little time for termination 8-10 hrs for server setup and training. labor rate is your call.

Biggest mistake I see with conduit is useing too small a diameter to save a few cents and then you can't pull through it well.

l.

In Australia the cablig standards state the conduit should be no more than 40% filled.