andrecctv

Video shadowing onto next channel.

First, I'm definitely not an expert. I've installed 5 or 6 CCTV systems in my life time, all trouble free. Needed to go from a 8 cameras system to a 16 cameras for my own system to accommodate an additional camera, making a total of 9. Got a FLIR D331600. I originally ordered a Lorex but was sent this FLIR unit. It is a refurbished. The problem, it is a little bit weird to explain. Let say I connect a camera to ch.1, the video from that channel will appear/leak in ch.2 in a sort of a ghost image in the background and rolling right to left. I have three cameras that are doing this. I've replaced two with the same type and the problem is still there. Sometimes the background video is strong enough that it will screw up the sync. and the video starts flickering. I've tried adding 75Ω resistor but this didn't help. This wasn't an issue with my older 8 cameras system. Cable run are an average of 50-60 feet. I haven't contacted FLIR yet, just needed some opinions before I do so.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

First, I'm definitely not an expert. I've installed 5 or 6 CCTV systems in my life time, all trouble free. Needed to go from a 8 cameras system to a 16 cameras for my own system to accommodate an additional camera, making a total of 9. Got a FLIR D331600. I originally ordered a Lorex but was sent this FLIR unit. It is a refurbished. The problem, it is a little bit weird to explain. Let say I connect a camera to ch.1, the video from that channel will appear/leak in ch.2 in a sort of a ghost image in the background and rolling right to left. I have three cameras that are doing this. I've replaced two with the same type and the problem is still there. Sometimes the background video is strong enough that it will screw up the sync. and the video starts flickering. I've tried adding 75Ω resistor but this didn't help. This wasn't an issue with my older 8 cameras system. Cable run are an average of 50-60 feet. I haven't contacted FLIR yet, just needed some opinions before I do so.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

This the dvr issue its mean ur multiplexer ic is damage so affecting the other channel. send me photo of the main board should be clear

This the dvr issue its mean ur multiplexer ic is damage so affecting the other channel. send me photo of the main board should be clear

Here's a photo of the board, unit is a FLIR D33160

562387353_IMG_0099(2).JPG.bd358c5fa328a8249ba455650ff0f352.JPG

Check for a ground loop which can affect more than one camera. disconnect the offending cameras one at a time and see if that clears up the problem.

I've heard the term ground loop. Did a few ggogle search on the problem, did tried many things, cutting ground on one side of video cable, removing ground from P.S., by using a two prong plug.

What is strange is that only three cameras will affect the adjacent channel. Two are brand new and same type as the original one. If a leave an empty channel after each one of those cameras, and reconfigure the screen to show my nine cameras, the problem is gone. I even connect a single "offending" camera, nothing else connected and looked at the adjacent channel, there is no video of course as there's no camera connected but I can still see flickering in the screen, remove camera and the flickering is gone.

I've transferred 8 cameras to my older 8 cam. system and every thing is fine, no shadow image, no flickering in the video.

Hi. Are your cameras connected to dvr via pig tails?

Also none of the mod numbers or board markings relate to flir.

Can you post pictures of dvr back and front also screen menu

Hi. Are your cameras connected to dvr via pig tails?

Also none of the mod numbers or board markings relate to flir.

Can you post pictures of dvr back and front also screen menu

Not sure what you mean by pig tail but all cameras are BNC both end, no splice.

Photos included.

IMG_0101.JPG.124c228d902f1128ce39ab6cfe427af6.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG.f9086e11908450ce37025c674fbbf0ba.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG.590492126271805f1ce86bc188b961c9.JPG

Hi. That explains the flir mod number ..... Old units no longer sold .

No it's not a pigtail unit ..... But you have compression BNC fittings and I can see at least one is not fitted right .

Having video bleed is most of the time bad BNC or a bad power supply.

The outer core of the rg59 needs a good negative if it's not it will be using power supply negative and it's bleeding from the power supply and not the dvr.

What type of power supply are you using.

Hi. That explains the flir mod number ..... Old units no longer sold .

No it's not a pigtail unit ..... But you have compression BNC fittings and I can see at least one is not fitted right .

Having video bleed is most of the time bad BNC or a bad power supply.

The outer core of the rg59 needs a good negative if it's not it will be using power supply negative and it's bleeding from the power supply and not the dvr.

What type of power supply are you using.

Thanks Tom. I originally ordered a Lorex 16 ch. but they sent me this FLIR, that last Nov. 2015 . I originally had solder type BNC and replaced them all with compression type thinking that !!! of course I was wrong.

I did try a single camera with a single P.S., again flickiring to adjacent ch.

My P.S., nothing fancy, one of those EBay/China P.S.

One more thing, I'm mixing what I think are 460 TVL with again waht I think are 720 TVL (the three "troubling" cameras. Any problem with mixing ???

IMG_0103.JPG.e4eb99ce45686ed59da44c2b9ab6310b.JPG

Hi. We're are you based ?

Also to check a ground problem remove the green wire from your power unit .... Top left of your picture

Hi. We're are you based ?

Also to check a ground problem remove the green wire from your power unit .... Top left of your picture

I'm in the Montreal area, across the river from Montréal.

Green wire, already removed. I lifted the yellow (in the photo), it is the ground from the AC cord.

Got the feeling that I have a bad unit. One poster suggested that it could be a defective multiplexer, not sure if it is a valid theory. Since it is a refub. unit, could be that was the original problem and was returned to FlIR, then it went through a quick Q.C. and back for sale.

Refurb from flir ?? Lorex / flir have not used that OEM for a few years. For past 2 years there OEM is dahua.

Are you using two power supplies ?

Refurb from flir ?? Lorex / flir have not used that OEM for a few years. For past 2 years there OEM is dahua.

Are you using two power supplies ?

No, just one for my 9 cameras. As I said, I ordered a Lorex and was sent this FLIR, here's a copy of the invoice, not refur. but open box, not sure what the difference is !!!.

Capture111.JPG.cde0736d34325cc900c4b61803bfe909.JPG

A bit off-topic but I cant seem to make $249 - $73.37 + $10.62 equal $223.11 but then I'm not an accountant.

Hum, that's strange, never noticed that. My Paypal invoice shows selling price of 212 + Taxes for a total of 223$. In the meantime, I've ordered a pair of ground loop video isolator. Should get them in a couple of weeks. I'll post the result.