jscott@furrs.net

Suggest a stand-alone DVR - Home use

I am looking for recs on a home use DVR system that will run 8 cameras. I am using high-resolution cameras and currently using a PC based system recording at 720x480 at 7fps per camera.

I would like to maintain the quality of the image, but want to move to a stand-alone unit. I also require web-based remote viewing and archival of video.

Thanks,

JS

You have several good to choose from I C REAL TIME just depends how much you want to spend. Why getting away from PC based? I just have so much more I have control over with the PC based.

I am looking for recs on a home use DVR system that will run 8 cameras. I am using high-resolution cameras and currently using a PC based system recording at 720x480 at 7fps per camera.

I would like to maintain the quality of the image, but want to move to a stand-alone unit. I also require web-based remote viewing and archival of video.

Thanks,

JS

How about something very simple and easy to use and yet upgradeable for higher capacity of internal storage, if you want?

I can recommend two models:

1. CBC DR8N - 8 channel, add whatever PATA drives size you want, CD burner, remote hand held controller, internet ready and should be around $900.00 range and with three years warranty. Or, you can get preloaded system with hard drives, which are nothing more than just for storage only at higher price.

2. American Dynamics 9 channel ADEDVR009008 DVR - this model comes with 80GB storage, CD burner and the works... and with three years warranty. Pricing should be around $1,100 range

There are other makers of similar products and let me know if you need more info. Some are lower and some are higher in cost..

For home applications, I've been pretty happy with the JPEG2000 units manufactured by Argus. You can find a variety of OEM versions including Samsung and Covisec.

The newest models are dual codec and have H.264 for remote viewing, remote management software (although a bit limited, very functional), and easy usb or network backup.

We use an OEM version but they are great. 3 year warranty including the hard drives that come with them.

I agree on the JPEG2000 models for residential/light commercial . I have one at my home, been running for years now. Other than the remote view capabilities, I can't knock this DVR. Pretty well built, plus I like the 64X control knob on the front. Just my opinion.

For home applications, I've been pretty happy with the JPEG2000 units manufactured by Argus. You can find a variety of OEM versions including Samsung and Covisec.

The newest models are dual codec and have H.264 for remote viewing, remote management software (although a bit limited, very functional), and easy usb or network backup.

We use an OEM version but they are great. 3 year warranty including the hard drives that come with them.

I agree, I used to carry the older model that Argus had but we purchased them through Apro. I wasn't always happy with the dvr so we ended up returning all of the units (nearly 5 pallets full) to Argus who took them back. The unit wasn't bad but we carried it during it's first stages of being built which is why we had so many problems with it I think. We now carry T.O.M Technology's full line and are very pleased with it.

A demo for the unit I'm talking about is Message me for the info the username is Admin and the password is 1. At the moment you can just install the activeX codec and should be good to go with viewing. If you have the software tho you have full functionality of the unit remotely tho.

Thanks,

John

I would post the link but I'm still not allowed access =(

Thanks,

JS

Hello, I have sent an email to your email box, pls check it.

Jasmine