Sign in to follow this  
Securitymaster

HELP!! Arecont 3130

Ok, so I got 2 of these expensive puppies. Got 2 problems.

1. Do I have to use the POE switches that they talk about? I have it connected via a power adaptor, 500ma, and the green light on the network connector is on. I connected it to one of my router's ethernet ports, but I get no connectivity. Do I need to try a crossover cable?

2. Second, I'm mixing this with a PC based DVR, Card hasn't been determined, so how do I connect this thing to a CH Port on the DVR?

Man, breaking my head.

1. Do I have to use the POE switches that they talk about? I have it connected via a power adaptor, 500ma, and the green light on the network connector is on. I connected it to one of my router's ethernet ports, but I get no connectivity. Do I need to try a crossover cable?

If it is connected to your router then you do NOT need a crossover cable. The camera will power up just fine with a separate power adapter like you have on it now. Most arecont cameras come with a setup cd that allows you to configure the camera by finding the MAC address. Have you ran this software? If not, you will need a crossover cable to connect directly to the camera and configure your tcp/ip settings to the default camera settings to get into the camera initially. Once your in, you can configure the camera to your existing network settings.

2. Second, I'm mixing this with a PC based DVR, Card hasn't been determined, so how do I connect this thing to a CH Port on the DVR?

You cannot connect a Digital IP network camera to an Analog style DVR. You will need a network recording solution and those are usually PC based systems.

What DVR are you using? Some PC Based systems are hyrbrid systems allowing you to record analog and IP together, however you often times need to purchase a single IP license or a group of IP licenses.

We need to know the following:

Have you ran the setup CD that came with the Arecont cameras?

Do you understand networking and how to change your IP on your computer?

What make/model is your PC based recorder?

Have you ran the setup CD that came with the Arecont cameras?

YES

Do you understand networking and how to change your IP on your computer?

YES

What make/model is your PC based recorder?

I haven't determined this yet, but I have to make up my mind very soon, I was waiting to determine what to do with this camera that in case I need a specialiced DVR, but it seems more and more likely that I am going to send the cameras back.

If I do send them back, what is there available that I could replace this camera with?

I was looking at one point at COVI, but it seems that GE bought them out, so I can't find any Info on their stuff.

How about a Hybrid DVR card? NUUO seems to have what I need. But I only saw a 64CH system, when all that I need is 16CH.

Who distributes NUUO ?

Your best shot to get the Arecont cameras working is to call Arecont and talk to tech support. They could step you through the setup process very quickly over the phone as opposed to numerous posts back and forth on the forum here.

Arecont @ 818-937-0700

As for the camera itself, I think you should really try and get this working. You will be very impressed with the camera and I think once you get the video working that you will not want to send them back.

Also, a hybrid DVR can be found in a variety of places. One avenue to look is Video Insight. They have a decent analog solution and I believe their IP solution handles the Arecont 3130 series cameras.

Video Insight @ www.video-insight.com

Demo Video Insight @ www.demovi.com

Your best shot to get the Arecont cameras working is to call Arecont and talk to tech support. They could step you through the setup process very quickly over the phone as opposed to numerous posts back and forth on the forum here.

Arecont @ 818-937-0700

As for the camera itself, I think you should really try and get this working. You will be very impressed with the camera and I think once you get the video working that you will not want to send them back.

Also, a hybrid DVR can be found in a variety of places. One avenue to look is Video Insight. They have a decent analog solution and I believe their IP solution handles the Arecont 3130 series cameras.

Video Insight @ www.video-insight.com

Demo Video Insight @ www.demovi.com

Yeah, Thomas's place, I should give him a call.

Thanks.