phillydude411

Recommended 8 Ch DVR for Retail store

Hi All, I recently bought a retail store and am going crazy looking for a stand alone DVR. I have 5 cameras, so I'll probably be going for a 8 channel one with at lease 15 fps recording, with a budget of around $1000. I do want to monitor the cameras from home.

I looked at other posts for review on swann and q-see that I can pick up locally (I'm located east of philadelphia, PA).

Seems like a lot of people recommend the AVTech 8 ch DVR, but where do I get it from? I searched on google and cant find anything, is there a way I can find a local installed or reseller?

I found a DVR on worldeyecam - model WAVC-785

is that AVTech and is the price right?

Thanks for your help.

$1000 for an 8 channel DVR in a retail application does not leave you much room for quality. At that price your going to be picking up a budget level DVR.

Will it work? Yes

Will you be happy with it? Maybe, if you haven't had a DVR before

Will it last? For about a year or two

Remote Access? Yes, but probably limited to viewing with no admin management.

In that price range I would definitely stay away from Swann and Q-See, those brands are very elementary and will give you lots of problems. I don't know how many of those units we have replaced recently.

My honest opinion would be to look at getting a few more dollars. Check out ICRealtime for more info, at the very least their Flex series DVR's are good units for the money and you'll get a whole lot more for your money.

ICRealtime @ www.icrealtime.com

Try Direct lvs they have a variety and are in Kentucky, or try to locate an installer in your area on the forum, I know I have seen some in the members list. I know a few personally but will not post who with out permission from them first. If you need anymore info contact me.

Hi All, I recently bought a retail store and am going crazy looking for a stand alone DVR. I have 5 cameras, so I'll probably be going for a 8 channel one with at lease 15 fps recording, with a budget of around $1000. I do want to monitor the cameras from home.

I looked at other posts for review on swann and q-see that I can pick up locally (I'm located east of philadelphia, PA).

Seems like a lot of people recommend the AVTech 8 ch DVR, but where do I get it from? I searched on google and cant find anything, is there a way I can find a local installed or reseller?

I found a DVR on worldeyecam - model WAVC-785

is that AVTech and is the price right?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, that just AVTech 8-ch. If you have certain skill in handling electronics, you're welcome to PM for information.

Save your self the hassle. Spend a little bit more money and call up some dealers for a quote. Let them worry about the system going down, bnc crimps falling off, etc. Don't choose the fly by night kid trying to make some extra lunch money either.

Trust me, in the end, you may pay a little bit more, but it will let you focus on building your business rather then trying to play security tech, alarm installer, and business owner .

Thanks for all the suggestions! So, I went around and called some local dealers and one of them finally convinced me to get a DVR he installs, he showed it to me on cctvfactory . com - its the 8 Ch DVR model DVR8808-USB with 500GB internal hard drive. He said I can get a external hard drive too and hook it up to the USB port. I got this for about 800 installed with 2 yr warranty.

Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

That is an AVTech AVC 785. If budget is of the essence then I would recommend this DVR.

Would I recommend the ICRealtime over the AVTech? Yes, I would.

You can download the instruction manual from CCTVFACTORY, or from my website, and you can read it before you buy it.

I have installed alot of these DVRs, and in the budget range that work great. They do have their limitations, and there are other options to buy if you do want to spend more money.

You need to ask yourself some questions though:

What will I do for recording when the power goes out?

How will I keep a copy of video footage?

How will I give the police a copy of video footage?

You will need to buy the best UPC battery backup that you can afford.

A simple VCR connected to the video out of the DVR will work great for quick copies for yourself, or for the police dept.

You may want to buy a DVR lock box to keep employees out as well.

What do you think?

Budget DVR, may as well forget the remote video as the quality is horrid, but you get what you pay for, least it has remote video

Save your self the hassle. Spend a little bit more money and call up some dealers for a quote. Let them worry about the system going down, bnc crimps falling off, etc. Don't choose the fly by night kid trying to make some extra lunch money either.

Trust me, in the end, you may pay a little bit more, but it will let you focus on building your business rather then trying to play security tech, alarm installer, and business owner .

securitysys, you said it. I'm with you. There is not wise to waste too much time for too little benefit, while the time actually can be used somewhere else.

securitysys, you said it. I'm with you. There is not wise to waste too much time for too little benefit, while the time actually can be used somewhere else.

As you guys say like this,why you guys target those low-price devices when you choose supplier? I'm from Tmvideo, our Standalone DVRs are good quality with reasonable price for you to market,,,,

Jasmine

As you guys say like this,why you guys target those low-price devices when you choose supplier? I'm from Tmvideo, our Standalone DVRs are good quality with reasonable price for you to market,,,,

Jasmine

We're not. We're simply giving the person advice. We're not here to sell anyone anything, this forum is for giving advice and taking advice.

If you really think you can help some one out give 'em a PM..

Jasmine

We're not. We're simply giving the person advice. We're not here to sell anyone anything, this forum is for giving advice and taking advice.

If you really think you can help some one out give 'em a PM..

Ok, you guys are good guys then,,,

Yes please, no sales pitches, no advertising, in the public forums,

Thanks.