frogman

URGENT HELP !!! Need to know how to factory reset a DVR!

Few months ago i installed my friend a dvr that he bought frogm somewhere, and then I told him the password I defined. Now I came to him to setup the WAN conection but he forgott the bloody password and I cannot reset it. The dvr is 16ch D3616 pal dvr, i found some description on google, and when I opened it, it has a reset microswitch that only restarts the dvr, and a cmos cr2032 batterry that when I take out a couple of minutes, he remembers the settings so no help there.

If anyone could help me I would be much grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes, taking the cmos battery out for a couple of minutes isn't enough.

I would unplug the machine, take out the cmos battery and leave it overnight.

I know it is not enough, but I left i a couple of hours. I will try the 24H treatment, but I think there is a another proces!

I doubt the software is saving the password to the Bios, highly unlikely. Most motherboards only require a power down, then remove battery for 1 minute and replace, but that is for a standard BIOS not the DVR software.

You will probably need to contact the manufacturer and if they dont have way to just reset it from the OS, or a back door admin pass, then see if they can send you the firmware to reflash it with (if it is an RTOS that is) or whatever they would do to wipe the hard drive/DOM/etc and replace all the software/OS with a fresh copy.

I know there is some kind of a backdoor, but I have sent the a couple of mails to couple of people from yesmay corp 48h ago, but still no answer. This is not some brand good name, it is a cheap china product that I have a problem with now.

I know there is some kind of a backdoor, but I have sent the a couple of mails to couple of people from yesmay corp 48h ago, but still no answer. This is not some brand good name, it is a cheap china product that I have a problem with now.

AVTECH engineer in HQ told me prevously that it requires to short between two specific jumpers on the board to reset to factory settings, therefore, most of the time, it requires to return to factory for reset.

I wanted to do this also because the customer forgot the net login password.

what a pity!

Or you can ask if your reseller knows this.

regards, dove

This happened to me 2yrs ago, my reseller said that there is only 1 solution, that is sent to factory to reset.

It’s a painful mistake to forget the password. And he told me that I’ll never forget the password again.

AVTECH engineer in HQ told me prevously that it requires to short between two specific jumpers on the board to reset to factory settings, therefore, most of the time, it requires to return to factory for reset.

what a pity!

regards, dove

I don't remember if it was a AVTECH unit, but one of them I had to short to specific jumpers to do it. The tech just e-mailed me the jpeg and I was able to do it. All you need is a paperclick .

what a pity!

regards, dove

I don't remember if it was a AVTECH unit, but one of them I had to short to specific jumpers to do it. The tech just e-mailed me the jpeg and I was able to do it. All you need is a paperclick .

Eventually, I came across this provided by another board member. Seems helpful.

http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

Rgds, dove

I do not think this is an AVTech DVR.

Before you open up your DVR make sure that it does not have some kind of security tape. If you tear the tape then you will have voided your warranty.

Some companies will not put tape on the DVR, but they may put some kind of "glue" on the screws to the PC board. If you try to remove the screws then the "glue" is damaged, and so is your warranty.

If your DVR is out of warranty then feel free to do as you please.

On that link there is a picture of the PC board with a screwdriver shorting the two pins for a hardware reset.

There is one "how to" for the AVC 760, and other 4 channel DVRs, and there is one for the AVC 785 / AVC 787.

Good Luck!