mmmmmmbeer

PTZ HELP!!! - POWER AND CONNECTION ISSUES WITH THE SVP-DNC10

Hey everyone

i just got the SVP-DNC10X ptz camera and i was just doing a bench test on it. i read the instructions on the dvr and the ptz manuals and i swear to god that i have it all correctly set up

problems are mainly that the stupid thing wount power up at all let alone show me video or move for me.

if you have any ideas please help me :P

your cctv fan

Beer

do a basic troubleshoot- make sure your pwr source is working, make sure you inserted the green terminal block snug and that your red+ is to 12vdc and the black is to ground The ground wire on the harness should be the black shield covered with shrink tube and it also acts as the video ground the yellow wire is to your Video the two remaining wires are your RS-485 for PTZ control. White is RS+ and Blue is RS- ...if you have a stand alone control board connect the control wires to your control device and make sure that you have + and - the same as cam....now make sure the CONTROL device is set for the same protocol the default for the cam is auto detect for Pelco D/P 2400 bps baude rate and call the same ID# as the cam... the default ID of the cam is 001 (1) .... connect the BNC to a monitor make sure that all the wires are fitted to their proper designation and then power on. A diagnostic display should appear on the screen and the cam will run through a series of tests. If you get no results and the cam is not powering up then we have to question the power, source and connections. The camera should energize as soon as you apply voltage with or without the control and video connections. It would spin during the diagnostic and run through a Tilt Origin Test and then wait 60 sec for a TX connection test then remain Idle.