Sign in to follow this  
simon1

American Dynamics VS CBC DVR

Hello, I'm new to the site and have been reading many topics on DVRs. I think I've trimmed it down to American Dynamics ADEDVR009008 and CBC DR8NC-250.

My Questions are what is better between the two:

Is one slightly better than the others, What you would choose?

Viewing quality and very important Play back Quality?

How is the remote/internet viewing, is one easier to set up than the other?

I think they both have built in cdw and the CBC has a remote control, but does the AD have one also?

Should I think about a 16ch, even though I will be using about 8ch only, any benefits to this?

Thanks I will appreciate any opinion(s).

The american dynamics EDVR does not have a remote.

It is very easy to setup for viewing remotly.

It has both a web server for viewing from your browser, or

can be managed entirely from the EDVR client.

All you do is set an IP address to the unit, it also has a port you can change, default is 80, for obvious reasons.

I see you are going for the 9 channel, but warning, the 80 gig version you are looking at, will not get you much record time on 9 channel.

Also, the motion detection record only works really well on this unit.

Can't say anything about the other system I do not know it.

valboosky

Thanks for your input. Oh if I get this unit or any unit it will have to be 160 gig and up. Thanks again.

Hello, I'm new to the site and have been reading many topics on DVRs. I think I've trimmed it down to American Dynamics ADEDVR009008 and CBC DR8NC-250.

My Questions are what is better between the two:

Is one slightly better than the others, What you would choose?

Viewing quality and very important Play back Quality?

How is the remote/internet viewing, is one easier to set up than the other?

I think they both have built in cdw and the CBC has a remote control, but does the AD have one also?

Should I think about a 16ch, even though I will be using about 8ch only, any benefits to this?

Thanks I will appreciate any opinion(s).

Both are low cost and very well built... Both are embedded and hard drive gets used only to store video and nothing else.

CBC will give you better playback quality picture - it is using true MPG4 protocol for recording.. Combined with several other options - remote control unit, upgrade hard drives to up to 1.5TB (using (2) 750GB drives and you can do it yourself - as you can buy this model without hard drive) and easier to program makes it better overall.. Also, this model from CBC is more cost effective... Lastly, it includes many popular dome control protocols allowing you to control PTZ domes from various manufacturers.

EDVR that you are referring is a good platform too, but has its shortcomings... One of the major advantage is that it comes with built in PTZ control protocol for American Dynamics PTZ domes (CBC claims that theirs do, but it does not work).

If I had the choice, I will go with CBC due to cost and more versatility...

Regardless which one you pick, both come with three years manufacturer warranty and that is a big plus...