simo923

Recording and Playback of audio

Well, i got it. Thanks Ezcctv. My first 1480 card and GVNet. All working a treat. So easy to setup. Even that bloody LJD PTZ.

I have managed to sort out watching a video channel and listening to a completely different audio channel not a problem. 1 very happy client.

What i can't see to do is playback the audio. I can playback video not a problem through video log. All the events appear in the log, but the channel that has the audio on does not have any events. There is not camera on that video channel as i wanted proof that it would record audio without video present.

Am i just expecting too much or is this possible? Thanks

You can click on the camera number drop down box, and select the Audio Channel that you want to listen to. You should then see the events listed.

Make sure that you have the View Log set to Real Time mode and not Frame by Frame. You can do this by clicking on the bottom right icon, and selecting Real Time.

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply.

In view log, i have selected the channel which the audio is on. Bear in mind, no camera on this channel, and i cannot see anyway to select the audio channel.

I can flick through all my video channels fine but can see no way to enable the audio on other channels.

Also, running Control Center on a network PC, i can connect via RemoteDVR and see all the cameras fine but cannot control with PTZ controls. When i go into the system configuration, the PTZ box is ticked but greyed out.

All very new to this and i am sure i will get round it.

Ok, so i got round the old PTZ issue. Rather than going through Remote DVR, setup a VMD group with the cameras in it. Forget i ever mentioned that one......

Apologies.

Under Camera / Audio Install do you have Rec Audio ticked?

Make sure that you have the sensitivity set low enough.

Apologies for all the premature questions. After playing about a bit more this morning it turns out that it is all about the VMD groups. I was going ni through Remote DVR which has a lot of the functionality locked down.

When i greated a VMD group, i had access to teh PTZ, the audio channels, the lot.

Can't wait to buy the next 4 cards to i can create a group with all 5 cards.

I am sure i will have more questions soon though..

Thanks