simo923

Tips on which software to run

Hi Guys, Ok, i have my practice Geovision system setup now as you may have seen from my posts.

After spending a day setting up and playing around i decided to read the manuals. Now i am not too sure that i have the correct software running or effectively anyway.

On the actual DVR machine i have the 1480 and GV net card installed and i just went ahead and installed the Main System 8.2 software. Played around with that machine and a few cameras and mics, not a problem. It does everything i want. Bear in mind this machine will never be touched by ops.

On the front end workstations i installed the Geovision CMS. Using Control Center i have been able to live view the cams and mics. Granted i have had to switch between Remote DVR and VMD a few times to actually perform the tasks i wanted which after reading the manual seems a little odd. Now seeing that VMD is Video Motion Detection and i wont be needing that. I take it i still need to use the VMD group even though i won't be doing anything with Video Motion Detection.

Where does CenterV2 come into this picture, or do i just not need it?

I'm very computer and network literate but this Geovision software just seems to come under so many different names and guises that its getting a little confusing.

Dear Simo923,

VMD--> When a motion, the camera pops up...

CV2---> When a motion, the camera pops up. it has video attachments, reagrding what exactly happen at the time... It will also has event log.. to tell the uses what's going on... The users can also generate report within each event log...written detail information for what's going on....

Tell me what are your needs.....

I will analyze the case for you...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

VMD on Control Centre, allows you to have a window open that will only show cameras when there is movement (motion) on them.

This can be very useful for Security guards on a large site.

With Control Centre, the most popular way of viewing is Matrix view.

1. Add your Hosts to the Control Centre software.

2. Create a Group, name it something descriptive like All Cameras

3. Drag all the cameras from your hosts to the All Cameras group

4. Right Click on the All Cameras group and click on Matrix

This will give you up to 64 cameras live on the screen.

You can create many different groups by repeating steps 2 - 3. You can create a group for all fire doors etc.

It makes it very easy to navigate around a large site.

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't really care about motion detection. All i want to do is allow guards to monitor all 64 channels from their workstations. They also need to be able to listen to any of the audio channels. They also need to be able to control the PTZ.

From the actual DVR PCs, i can use the 1480 main software to do all of this. not a problem. The guards will have a workstation each, 5 in total. These in turn are networked to the 4 DVR machines (1 x 1480 in each). Apparently, in order for them to be able to view all 64 they need CMS installed on their workstations.

So far i have used Remote DVR to view the cameras but cannot listen to the audio channels or control the PTZ. If i create a VMD group, i can view the matrix, and control the PTZ, i cannot listen to audio. I can use RemoteView to listen to any audio channel recorded.

I did presume that i would be able to use something like V2 on each workstation and the guards have the same control as they would sat at the DVR PCs. Select any Waveout (audio), view any camera and control any PTZ.

Incidentally. Can i create user groups to enable security and disable certain users from viewing certain cameras?

Thanks guys.

Yes, you may...

But you need to configure those setting on the DVR side... not from CV2 side..

In the geovision software, you click Network icon >> Connect to CenterV2

Select Configure button >> Advance setting >> camera tag...

Uncheck " Send to CV2 when Motion Detect "

Unchecl " Allow CenterV2 to live view Cam "

Click OK and click Connect...

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Excellent. Thanks. So i will run Centre V2 from the remote workstations and that will give me full PTZ, full audio and full cameras, all 4 servers?

I will play with it tonight and see how it gets on. I might just plump for a bit of training.

Call me a newb, but i am really confused by this now. I am starting to wonder whether what i am actually after is possible.

Trying to get it to work on one server is bad enough, never mind all 4 at once.

From the actual server i am able to do everything i want. See all cameras, listen to any audio channel, control any ptz, watch any recorded feeds.

I would like to do this remotely too.

Through Control Center i can add my server as a host. I can see any of the cameras individually from the host list. The PTZ function only comes up for cameras that don't have PTZ. The ones that do, do not allow me to select it.

When i select the audio in any camera view, i get the same audio channel every time.

If i create a VMD group, and add all my cameras and view through the Matrix i can see 64 cameras - GREAT. I can control the PTZs - GREAT. I cannot listen to any audio channel. So close yet so far.

When i go to remoteviewlog to see previous recordings. The audio channels that have no cameras do not appear to have any recordings of the audio that i can listen back to.

I will be on the phone to tech support at Ezcctv today anyway as they are so helpful, but if anyone has any ideas in here, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.